Single source audio de..........lay, sometimes

ender23
Go to solution Solved by HanZie82,
13 hours ago, ender23 said:

I still can't get the "auto" option to open up on the amp. That said, I did turn off all video processing on the TV and update the firmware on the TV itself. The problem seems to have improved exponentially. Thanks for taking the time to respond @HanZie82

Oh nice to hear you have some improvement.
But i think the lip-sync thing is something you have to enable on the TV side as well.
Im not to sure tho, so maybe need to look into it.

I hope you can get it working like it should tho, but this is all i know. Goodluck!

Hi everyone,

I just built my home theater last year and while it's largely been awesome, there is one thing I haven't been able to sort out.

I have less (way less, but enough to know that the audio is off when watching actors talk) than a .5 second audio delay but here's the thing, it only applies to some to some content even when using the same input source (primarily an Apple TV 4k gen 2). I *think* it primarily happens when watching Dolby Vision content--most notably when watching Disney+, Apple TV+ (DV) or rented movies from the iTunes store (DV). Most other content (Max, Hulu, Youtube) on that same input source is in perfect audio sync.

My 5.1 setup consists of:

• Sony x90cj 75" TV
  • Yamaha RX-V4A Receiver
  • Apple TV 4k gen 2
  • SVS SB-1000 Pro Sub
  • KEF Q350 L/R
  • KEF Q250c Center
  • KEF Q150 rears

-The Apple TV is connected to the Receiver with a Crutchfield 48gbps HDMI 2.1 cable (.5m)
-The Receiver is connected to the TV via the eARC port on my TV with a 5m AudioQuest Pearl 48 Cable.

Any thoughts on what I can do about the lag? Adjusting the audio delay on the receiver for each movie or show isn't a feasible solution. 

I like smart home and home theater tech.

My 5.1 setup consists of: Sony x90cj 75" TV, Yamaha RX-V4A Receiver, Apple TV 4k gen 2, SVS SB-1000 Pro Sub, KEF Q350 L/R, KEF Q250c Center, KEF Q150 rears.

My smart home is based around Home Assistant.

On amp have you set lipsync to auto (advisable) or a manual setting?
https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/rxa780/en-US/318230283.html

Also for HDR10+ stuff it needs a firmware upgrade first.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 hours ago, HanZie82 said:

On amp have you set lipsync to auto (advisable) or a manual setting?
https://manual.yamaha.com/av/18/rxa780/en-US/318230283.html

Also for HDR10+ stuff it needs a firmware upgrade first.

It's manually set, I haven't been able to set it to auto (grayed out), I'll take another look at it today to see if I can get that working. I also believe I'm up to date on firmware for the amp, but I'll double check that as well. Cheers!

My 5.1 setup consists of: Sony x90cj 75" TV, Yamaha RX-V4A Receiver, Apple TV 4k gen 2, SVS SB-1000 Pro Sub, KEF Q350 L/R, KEF Q250c Center, KEF Q150 rears.

I still can't get the "auto" option to open up on the amp. That said, I did turn off all video processing on the TV and update the firmware on the TV itself. The problem seems to have improved exponentially. Thanks for taking the time to respond @HanZie82

13 hours ago, ender23 said:

Oh nice to hear you have some improvement.
But i think the lip-sync thing is something you have to enable on the TV side as well.
Im not to sure tho, so maybe need to look into it.

I hope you can get it working like it should tho, but this is all i know. Goodluck!

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!