Choosing a new PSU to go with future upgrades

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my system in the future and thinking about getting a new PSU as mine is ageing and is an 80 silver, looking for a gold. Now the question is, I'm looking at corsair power supplies but am open to other brands, I'm looking for semi modular as that is how my PC is set up and to be honest, I'm just simply not arsed to change it.

I current have an MSI z490 with a 10600K, and RTX 3060 12Gb.

Im looking to upgrade to an MSI z790 with 13700KF.

So any recommendations on the power supply, preferably 750W semi mod.

Also another query, are there any 850W semi mod power supplies at 80+ gold or better, i know seasonic sells some, but that is also an option if there is any available for possible future upgrades to cases with a large amount of fans.

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

19 minutes ago, TatamiMatt said:

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my system in the future and thinking about getting a new PSU as mine is ageing and is an 80 silver, looking for a gold. Now the question is, I'm looking at corsair power supplies but am open to other brands, I'm looking for semi modular as that is how my PC is set up and to be honest, I'm just simply not arsed to change it.

I current have an MSI z490 with a 10600K, and RTX 3060 12Gb.

Im looking to upgrade to an MSI z790 with 13700KF.

So any recommendations on the power supply, preferably 750W semi mod.

Also another query, are there any 850W semi mod power supplies at 80+ gold or better, i know seasonic sells some, but that is also an option if there is any available for possible future upgrades to cases with a large amount of fans.

Have a look into the Corsair RM750e!  Its very well priced, great reliability and efficiency.  I only use the RM series myself from Corsair, have so in 10+ builds myself and then another 10+ when helping others and they are bullet proof.

9 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Have a look into the Corsair RM750e!  Its very well priced, great reliability and efficiency.  I only use the RM series myself from Corsair, have so in 10+ builds myself and then another 10+ when helping others and they are bullet proof.

I was looking at this PSU actually but its fully modular, though i guess it could be time to put the effort in and finally change to full mod 😋

Edit: a main reason for semi mod was that thats how my current pc and case has been set up but i am looking to get a 5000D Airflow so probably a good time to change tbh

An RM850e wouldnt really be necessary you dont think? i know my planned setup probably hits around 550W or so at max, maybe 600W at a push, but would adding another half dozen fans make the 850 worth it?

System specs:

In fact the choice might be between 750W and 1000W as they are the 2 cheaper options currently, the 850W is more expensive than either of them. The thinking for the 1kW is that itll hit closer to the 50/60% max efficiency, i know its such a minor 2, maybe 3 % bump in efficiency, but, why not if its not much more expensive, cheaper than the 850 anyway and im willing to pay for the little extra? Thoughts?

System specs: