DP disconnect issue with 7900 xtx

Hi everyone I was hoping to get a bit of assistance. So I recently upgraded my PC from a Ryzen 3600, RTX 2080 Super, and 16gb 3600 mhz ram to Ryzen 5800x3D, RX 7900 XTX, 32gb 3600 mhz ram. It's been working super well, but I've been running into an odd issue.

I use a Samsung Odyssey g5 32inch non curved monitor. While using display port at 165hz 1440p it will randomly just disconnect and reconnect. It does it a few times in a row and then will just stop for hours and do it again. It will do it under load or even idle at the desktop. 

However while using HDMI 144hz 1440p (HDMI 2.0 no 165hz) I don't have any issues. I would just use HDMI, but I use it for my Wii U. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Notes: I did try what is suggested in this post, but it didn't help.

https://reddit.com/r/Amd/s/GK3cHiN29M

20230908_154708.jpg

I solved a ton of weird issues like that with my AMD GPUs by disabling ULPS (Ultra Low Power Saving/State).

Just search the registry for EnableULPS and change it from "1" to "0" and reboot.

I no longer get crash to desktops, driver timeouts, random reboots, blue screens etc.

The 7900XTX and 6800XT have been rock solid since doing that.

5 minutes ago, Aluminumhaste said:

I solved a ton of weird issues like that with my AMD GPUs by disabling ULPS (Ultra Low Power Saving/State).

Just search the registry for EnableULPS and change it from "1" to "0" and reboot.

I no longer get crash to desktops, driver timeouts, random reboots, blue screens etc.

I'll give it a go. Thank you!!!!

1 hour ago, Aluminumhaste said:

Edit: shortly after posting my thank you it started happening again. So annoying. I'm going to try running at 144hz and see if that's part of the issue.

Original: You are my hero! It hasn't happened since. Thank you!!!

Just remember that every time you update the drivers, you'll have to disable ULPS every time

38 minutes ago, Aluminumhaste said:

Just remember that every time you update the drivers, you'll have to disable ULPS every time

Update to the situation: after changing my refresh rate to 144hz I haven't had the issue. Could be a combo of ULPS and loweres refresh rate? Also I my monitor is reporting it's not running display port at 1.4 but 1.2 for some reason. Perhaps my display port cable is the issue? This is so odd.

On 9/9/2023 at 2:28 AM, Aluminumhaste said:

Yeah that's weird, could be a signaling issue with the cable or the ports.

Hasn't happened since with 144hz, not sure what the issue is. However for now problem solved. Still very odd imo