Future proof office PC

Wayne1013

Budget (including currency): around 430 usd (around 2000 myr)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly use for online class and class presentation (im a tuition class teacher), store some word files and pdf files as well, no gaming purpose

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

im building a whole new pc for office purpose only, not confirm when to buy it but it might be recently. I hope that it would last in a long terms of time 😉

is this parts lists is overpowered for office PC? or is there any parts that can be change and save up more budget to other parts?

image.png

Edited by Wayne1013

Remove the gpu you do not need it in ny way shape or form

Is that 16gb of ram total or 8?

Psu sucks for something to last long get a quality unit

As for cpu check how much a ryzen 5600g is its a lot better and usually just as much.

A budget tower cooler for added silence would be a nice addition

32 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Remove the gpu you do not need it in ny way shape or form

Is that 16gb of ram total or 8?

Psu sucks for something to last long get a quality unit

As for cpu check how much a ryzen 5600g is its a lot better and usually just as much.

A budget tower cooler for added silence would be a nice addition

image.thumb.png.e0a7d44b738cc5b6fd873edf2cd91c60.png

i've discuss with my boss and he would more prefer intel rather than amd. is this good enough?

43 minutes ago, Wayne1013 said:

Budget (including currency): around 430 usd (around 2000 myr)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: mainly use for online class and class presentation (im a tuition class teacher), store some word files and pdf files as well, no gaming purpose

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

im building a whole new pc for office purpose only, not confirm when to buy it but it might be recently. I hope that it would last in a long terms of time 😉

is this parts lists is overpowered for office PC? or is there any parts that can be change and save up more budget to other parts?

image.png

As suggested above, get a CPU with integrated GPU. The Ryzen 5600G or an i3-13100 should be in the same price range as the i3-12100F.

The PSU is Tier F, replace immediately, on https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/. You should try to use a PSU model Tier D or higher. A Tier C model should fit in budget. A 350W model is sufficient capacity, but likely hard to find. 450W and 550W are more common.

Pretty much any 500GB+ NVMe drive will do. Even a 2.5" SATA SSD would be okay.

Please don't post screen grabs / pics. They are very difficult on portable devices.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

11 minutes ago, Wayne1013 said:

image.thumb.png.e0a7d44b738cc5b6fd873edf2cd91c60.png

i've discuss with my boss and he would more prefer intel rather than amd. is this good enough?

Is the 16gb or 8gb?

Get a small tower cooler for the 12400 stock isnt good enough