Chromebook Charger question

Donut417
Go to solution Solved by Arika,

As long as it’s not a random out-of-spec charging system (which i wouldn’t expect from lenovo) then any usb-c charger is fine. I can charge my tws earbud case with a 140w charger with no issues. The device only pulls what it needs.

My nephew has a Chromebook Im not sure what model but I think it's a Lenovo model and I'm pretty sure it charges via USBC. Anyway its not charging. I have a Macbook Pro, Steam deck and Nintendo Switch which also charge via USBC. So my question is do I need to match the voltage on his Chromebook charger to one of mine? My idea was to use one of my chargers to test to see if his charger is bad. I'm just not an expert when it comes to chargers and such. Also this Chromebook is primarily used for school. I'm not sure if he uses it outside of school. So the battery might be very depleted. I'm just trying to determine what I should test. I mean it's a Chromebook, which means most repair options are not even worth it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

As long as it’s not a random out-of-spec charging system (which i wouldn’t expect from lenovo) then any usb-c charger is fine. I can charge my tws earbud case with a 140w charger with no issues. The device only pulls what it needs.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Update:

So ended up at my sisters today. I was dealing with a Lenovo Chromebook C330. Basically what would happen is when it was plugged in the battery charge indicator would blink green once and then start blinking red. Upon visual inspection I found the cord going between the wall and the charging brick to be damaged (generally you dont want to see the 3 conductors inside the cable). I also seen a post on Reddit where an IT person for a school posted that the battery cable thats connected to the motherboard somehow becomes disconnected. 

So once I got it home I figured out how to open it. The long and the short of it the machine my sister's ex ordered was not the one they sent him and this machine may have been refurbished poorly. Half the clips were broken and two of the screw holes were broken off. Cant do nothing as the computer has been in use for two or so years. Good news is the battery is now plugged in and it looks to be charging. Im using my Steam Deck charger at the moment and I going to see if I can find the cable that goes from the wall to the charging brick as the charging brick should be fine. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.