Acrylic and LED lighting

slifer

Hey, I was planning to do some fancy mods on my computer. I want to make an acrylic sheet, and light it up with LEDs. How many methods of doing this are there? I just want an even glow on the acrylic. Thanks!

Do you want the acrylic to be clear or opaque? 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If you want an even glow, then make sure you place the LEDS beneath the cutout of the acrylic. This will allow the light to dissipate from the LED source, and will give a much more "even" glow to the case / acrylic.

Well, it doesn't matter if the acrylic is clear or matte/opaque. I was thinking about milling some 1inch square tubes (metal) and placing a strip of acrylic and LED's under it to make a nice glow. Any suggestions on what to buy/what will work the best?

Sorry for double posting, but something like this effect, but inside 1 inch square tube. I would like to have the glow blue, and as even as possible.

Holy crap that username. +1

Cacti, not cactuses. 

Yup, I'm trying to get something like that, or have a more DIY solution of it. Milling a slot in a 1inch steel tube and then putting acrylic and LEDs though. I don't think those midplate ones would fit in a one inch tube? Is it possible that i get a strip of tape LED strips (ones sold in 5m rolls of 300 LEDs on ebay?) place them in the tube and then put acrylic where i milled the slot? Anyone think that would work or is there a different approach? What kind of acrylic should i be looking at? Thanks!