90 degrees CPU with AIO Cooler when under heavy load.

olekaiks

My Setup:

CPU: 9900K

AIO Cooler: CoolerMaster ML240L RGB V2. 

Radiator mounted to top of case with two Noctua NF-P12 Fans.  

When booted to Windows, and on Idle HWMonitor reports CPU temps in the 30's.  However, when under load such as gaming, and/or running cpu intensive tasks to where the CPU utilization reaches 100%, the temps often reach 80+ degrees Celsius and sometimes can reach up to 90 degrees Celsius.

As soon as I stop gaming or stop a task that's making the cpu reach 100%, the temps to drop back down to the 30's fairly quickly, which I take as a sign that the AIO cooler is working.  My main question/concern though is, is it ok/normal for the 9900K to be reaching such high temps when under high load, even with a AIO cooler? Is it possible that I did something incorrect when installing the cooler?

29 minutes ago, olekaiks said:

My Setup:

CPU: 9900K

AIO Cooler: CoolerMaster ML240L RGB V2. 

Radiator mounted to top of case with two Noctua NF-P12 Fans.  

When booted to Windows, and on Idle HWMonitor reports CPU temps in the 30's.  However, when under load such as gaming, and/or running cpu intensive tasks to where the CPU utilization reaches 100%, the temps often reach 80+ degrees Celsius and sometimes can reach up to 90 degrees Celsius.

As soon as I stop gaming or stop a task that's making the cpu reach 100%, the temps to drop back down to the 30's fairly quickly, which I take as a sign that the AIO cooler is working.  My main question/concern though is, is it ok/normal for the 9900K to be reaching such high temps when under high load, even with a AIO cooler? Is it possible that I did something incorrect when installing the cooler?

The ML240L is not really a very good AIO, I had one myself on my 9900k and it was just as toasty as yours.  I reduced my temperatures drastically by undervolting my CPU ( Just reducing voltage from 1.36 or so standard down to 1.225v ) on stock clocks.  I dropped to around 60-65c in heavy gaming loads down from 80-85c.

Your temperatures are warm but not dangerous.  Hitting 90c from time to time is still ok and having 80-85c in gaming is still acceptable, its warm but not dangerous.

5 hours ago, Hinjima said:

The ML240L is not really a very good AIO, I had one myself on my 9900k and it was just as toasty as yours.  I reduced my temperatures drastically by undervolting my CPU ( Just reducing voltage from 1.36 or so standard down to 1.225v ) on stock clocks.  I dropped to around 60-65c in heavy gaming loads down from 80-85c.

Your temperatures are warm but not dangerous.  Hitting 90c from time to time is still ok and having 80-85c in gaming is still acceptable, its warm but not dangerous.

Thank you for the tip about the ML240L. Maybe I'll look into getting a better cooler at some point. Also good to know about the 9900k temps. I'll look up how to reduce the voltage as I've never done that before. However I'm guessing that reducing the voltage would affect performance in CPU limited games?