Laptop for engineering

Go to solution Solved by ki8aras,

do you really need to be doing cad while mobile though?

cad has existed for decades and has been ran on computers way slower than your laptop

it also depends what youre doing yk, im pretty sure ltt had a video at some point in which they where benchmarking laptops with cad fluid simulations

Hello Im in college and I have a desktop with a 12700f and 4070 64gb of ram 4000 cl 15

and my laptop is an Asus zenbook 14 um3402y with a ryzen 7 7730u with 16gb of ram.

Would this be a viable dynamic for an engineering student? (electrical engineering)

Im mainly worried about doing cad on my laptop but Idk if its up to the task or not.

Any help is much appreciated <3 

do you really need to be doing cad while mobile though?

cad has existed for decades and has been ran on computers way slower than your laptop

it also depends what youre doing yk, im pretty sure ltt had a video at some point in which they where benchmarking laptops with cad fluid simulations

Your PC should run CAD fine. Laptop... well it has only AMD integrated graphics chip. It should be able to start CAD app but working on it might be... uncomfortable. I would try downloading a demo of your preferred CAD software and just test it in situ.