My HDD doesn't work. Please HELP me

TECHNICAL GAMER
Go to solution Solved by mMontana,

You could check.

So, I just installed my m.2 ssd(sata) in my msi h410m pro-vm, But after installing windows, my hdds don't show up. I have tried replugging many times to no avail. Please, I need my data.😢😢

What does Disk Management show?

I edit my posts more often than not

7 minutes ago, HotLoli42069 said:

msi h410m pro-vm

Manual has been read?

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Which drives should now show up? In other words: how many SSDs and HDDs are in the system and how are they connected?

Often M.2 connectors share bandwidth with other SATA connectors, so using the M.2 will automatically deactivate the SATA connector.

Just now, mMontana said:

Manual has been read?

I got this PC built from a shop, and didn't receive the manual

You have the mainboard name. You can download from website 😉

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

1 minute ago, mMontana said:

You have the mainboard name. You can download from website 😉

I just checked, it says the sata slot 4 will be disabled, but I tried all the slots but no result

Is there any chance that SATA or power cable is not fully seated in on the drive?

Do the check at PC turned off.

2 minutes ago, mMontana said:

Is there any chance that SATA or power cable is not fully seated in on the drive?

Do the check at PC turned off.

I have tried 2 cables with 2 drives and properly seated them, but it doesn't get detected. Any clue as to what the cause might be?

I don't currently now. Has been your sata controllers been disabled on BIOS?

6 minutes ago, mMontana said:

I don't currently now. Has been your sata controllers been disabled on BIOS?

I don't believe so.

You could check.

Try removing the recently installed SSD to see if your HDDs are detected. You can also install your HDDs in another computer to see if they are still in working condition.

Glad you solved the issue. However "unplugging and replugging" is missing of "what" and "from". But it works... the most important thing.

18 hours ago, mMontana said:

Glad you solved the issue. However "unplugging and replugging" is missing of "what" and "from". But it works... the most important thing.

The hdd from the motherboard.