Samsung HW-Q990B / HW-Q995B Speaker placement

Hi I have recently got a Samsung HW-Q995B and looking for some advice / input on speaker placement.

see pictures for my floorplan aswell as how i placed them.

Current rear speaker height front driver at ear level about 94cm maybe I want these higher?

CDN media

CDN media

CDN media

that looks ok except the sub placement. i think it would work better at the right corner on the tv wall. sub placement is key for good sound. or even moving it to different placements (sub crawl). youll hear differences

14 hours ago, circeseye said:

that looks ok except the sub placement. i think it would work better at the right corner on the tv wall. sub placement is key for good sound. or even moving it to different placements (sub crawl). youll hear differences

Yeah put it there because of neighbors behind tv wall aswell as below and above so kinda want it pretty close so i can hav it pretty low I also have it on a ISO stand maybe its better to put it in the corner by the pc desk dont have any neighbors behind those walls but dont know if the range would be enough.

10 hours ago, Salsvarvarn said:

Yeah put it there because of neighbors behind tv wall aswell as below and above so kinda want it pretty close so i can hav it pretty low I also have it on a ISO stand maybe its better to put it in the corner by the pc desk dont have any neighbors behind those walls but dont know if the range would be enough.

ah yea having neighbors like that sucks for subs
that works also. i have my sub behind me in a corner and it works good and my room is 20x20.

As a rule of thumb, try to mirror the angles in the dolby spec. 
Be aware that there IS a benefit to having the side speakers NOT 6 inches from a person's ear, it can be useful to pull them out a little. 

Subwoofer placement can be tricky, especially if you "only" have one subwoofer. 
https://www.harman.com/documents/multsubs_0.pdf
Bass sound waves reflecting off of walls makes everything harder. As does limited sound output from smaller subwoofers. 
A frequency sweep (20-200Hz) and a decibel meter app can help. Your goal should be "consistent sound level"

1. Try in corners. 
2. Try 25" into the room from a corner (against the wall can work)
3. If possible... TWO subs. 

5.1 Virtual Speaker Setup - Dolby

As an FYI I have subwoofers #3 and #4 arriving this week. I'm going for "is it flexible if I open the window?

3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX 2080

1.5TB Optane P4800X | 2TB Micron 1100 SSD | 16TB NAS w/ 10Gbe
QN90A | Polk R200, ELAC OW4.2, PB12-NSD, SB1000, HD800