LTX 2023 Passport - Feedback

DadT3ch
THIS IS NOT A HIT PIECE! And seeing as LTX is over, it probably doesn't matter but maybe for next year this will have some additional consideration.

The passport is kind of junk. I liked the idea and the stickers that came with it are nice, but the overall passport is basically just folded and printed card stock, and not overly durable cardstock at that.  Very easy to rip or tear and the edges will fray in no time.    For 10 bucks I'm not too disappointed but I really kind of hoped it would be something a little more, at least the cover of it anyway.

For those that got this at LTX and carried around to get your stickers, did it even last the day for you?  It feels such that as soon as it goes in a pocket, I assume it's coming out looking rough.

I think for next year having the cover a bit more durable would be great.  Even what it is just laminated would better. 

Thanks!

woah there, they gotta make profit somewhere, how else will they spend 500 dollars to retest a monoblock /s

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

3 minutes ago, GOTSpectrum said:

woah there, they gotta make profit somewhere, how else will they spend 500 dollars to retest a monoblock /s

Linus's pool wasn't going to dig itself!

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

ALWAYS HAPPPY TO HELP NO CHALLENGE IS TO HARD FOR ME

Sorry I make lots of typos

12 hours ago, Erioch said:

wat

like that kind of material and strenght

Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! 

ALWAYS HAPPPY TO HELP NO CHALLENGE IS TO HARD FOR ME

Sorry I make lots of typos

Could you post a picture of the LTX Passport?

Google only shows results for the LTT Store render and this thread lol.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

5 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Could you post a picture of the LTX Passport?

Google only shows results for the LTT Store render and this thread lol.

Sure!

As you can see, the whole thing is a coated paper cover with paper pages folded and glued to the cover.  The cover does have a textured kind of print/coating that makes it look like it should be a durable cover, but it is not.  The stickers are legit, and you can just insert the tabs into the little slots to hold those in place or actually stick them.  

My pixel is not great at focusing on close up stuff but the last picture in the side cover I did a little test bend with.  I hoped the outside print/coating for provide some durability but nope, it rips easily and just the same as any piece of paper.

I plan to just keep this on a shelf, so it shouldn't be an issue but if I were physically at LTX and kept putting this in a pocket, it would never have lasted.

Passport3.JPG

Passport2.JPG

PassPort1.JPG

PassPort0.JPG