Graphics device error code 43 in device manager

Hello everyone.

This will be a long message just to make you understand what the problem is. Thanks for your patience.

I have Lenovo Ideapad Z575 laptop with AMD A8-3500M APU with AMD Radeon HD 6620G as integrated graphics and AMD Radeon HD 6650M as discrete one. My operating system is currently Windows 10 LTSC 1809 (doesn’t really make sense actually, the same thing happens on brand new Windows 10 Pro 22H2 from Microsoft’s website too).

My discrete graphics AMD Radeon HD 6650M gives me an error code 43 in device manager. Recently installed Lenovo’s OEM graphics driver for my laptop just because the other ones doesn’t work.

The graphics driver from AMD’s official website doesn’t install at all while performing a clean installation (Catalyst Software Suite just installs HDMI driver, PCI bus, AMD CCC and something else but not the driver itself). The same thing happens with AMD Auto-Detect Tool too. Once it used to install well but gave me “No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the driver is not functioning properly”. It also installed well while using Lenovo’s graphics driver but gave me the same error. Used to work well on Windows 7 Ultimate just before I reinstalled it and installed Windows 10.

Windows Update driver also used to work excellent before I accidentally closed my laptop during World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King game session. After I opened it later the game became very laggy. Right before the accident I had stable 60 FPS but after I opened my laptop the game has 20-30 fps. I tried to reboot my PC but after it booted up the BSOD occurred. I don’t clearly remember what the error was but then my laptop restarted and booted up normally. The problem remained the same. I’ve decided to set power saving mode for the game and FPS became higher (like 45-58) but it’s still quite low for me. After I installed the different version of Windows 10 (I also reinstalled it many times before) Windows Update graphics driver crashed the system completely. Right after it installed the BSOD “KERNEL MODE HEAP CORRUPTION” occurred. Then, after the laptop restarted automatically “PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA” BSOD occurs. When the system restarts one more time infinite BSOD loop of “BAD POOL CALLER” won’t let me enter the system right until the system repair starts automatically. Then it the system boot up well but the keyboard and touchpad stop working. The only way to use the system normally is to reinstall it, disable auto driver installation via system properties tab and gpedit.msc, then hide driver update using Microsoft Hide or Show Updates Tool and install Lenovo OEM graphics driver.

Lenovo’s graphics driver for my laptop seems to work well but there are some problems. First of all, it’s quite outdated (2012, while the AMD’s driver is 2015). It also has less functions in Catalyst Control Center. Only few tabs like AMD Processor Overclocking which are not useful for me at all.  But the main thing is that it gives me error code 43 near my discrete graphics AMD Radeon HD 6650M which prevents me from using it.

I tried to perform a clean installation of Lenovo’s driver but there’s no result at all.

I’ve also contacted AMD because of “No AMD graphics driver is installed, or the driver is not functioning properly” and they gave the solution including performing clean installation of AMD’s driver and using AMD Compatibility Tool. After I’ve told them that the executable file doesn’t install the driver itself and they suggested me to install Lenovo’s OEM graphics driver.

Also posted the topic on Lenovo’s and AMD’s forum but they didn’t helped me at all.

Recently read in the internet that patching the graphics device using AMD Clock Patcher and flashing the VBIOS using AMDVBFlash Tool. First of all, AMDVBFlash Tool doesn’t run at all but just opens CMD. I also couldn’t find the VBIOS for AMD Radeon HD 6650M. When I open GPU-Z and select my discrete graphics it says the BIOS version is unknown while on my integrated graphics it says the exact BIOS version. I really wanted to try this solution because it seems really useful to me.

Thank you for reading all that. Would be really grateful if you could solve my problem. First of all, I want to make AMD or Windows Update driver working well. But at the very least, I would be really happy if my discrete graphics could work well without error code 43 in device manager.