Worth paying for Avast! pro antivirus?

So basically I have been using a bit of luck and a bit of common knowledge to avoid viruses for a few years, but now Im finally going to get a real antivirus program.

From what Ive heard Avast! is really good, for a free software, but Im wondering if it is worth getting the "Pro antivirus" since it is on a ca 40% discount.

Thanks, David

PS this is my first post here ;)

EDIT: I decided to get it, has been working fine and dandy so far :)

Gratz on your first post man! but if I was going to pay for a AV program it would be kaspersky, I currently use avast free and I love but from what I've heard kaspersky is the best payed AV.

Gratz on your first post man! but if I was going to pay for a AV program it would be kaspersky, I currently use avast free and I love but from what I've heard kaspersky is the best payed AV.

Thanks but I have settled for Avast!, the only question is if Im going to keep using free or upgrade to Pro.

I wouldn't recommend upgrading to pro as all it gives you is browser bullshit that slows your browser down because it has to filter through all incoming data

Only get avast if Common Sense 2013 TM isn't working well enough. It's the best antivitus :)

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD