Microsoft Wired600 ANB-00030. Is this keyboard white with white letters?

Go to solution Solved by Mojo-Jojo,
Just now, Gold Mousse said:

No I bought but the box is sealed, and I'd like to keep it that way if I have to return it. At least they can sell it as new and it won't gonna end in a landfill.

AH, I misunderstood your post. I was wondering if you had it, why not just open the box and check.

So I assumed you hadn't actually received it yet, and found a pic elsewhere.

In that case, looks like it's gonna be a return.

Very interesting design choice.

I just bought this keyboard (Microsoft Wired600 ANB-00030) thinking that black letters on white keys may have better visibility than the other way around.

However, I didn't open it because I think I'll have to return it. The keyboard is indeed white, but it appears to also have white letters! Or at least that's how it's pictured in the box (see pic).

The Amazon picture was low res and blurry so I couldn't make out the letters (on closer inspection they may have been white all along). I looked at the pictures submitted by the clients though, and every single one of their keyboards has black (or at least dark grey) letters, none of them is white on white.

I did a google search but it's hard to find specific info. Does anybody happen to have any knowledge about this keyboard? Is it really all white?

EDIT: I opened the box and it turned out that the letters are black (although, it's more of a dark grey on light grey situation rather than a black on white one, the contrast is not as good as I hoped it to be). I have no idea why they picture the letters white in the box and in the promotion material.

IMG20230818203227_crop.jpg

20230821_202627.jpg

White plastic is easier to get dirty than dark plastic.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

Just now, mMontana said:

White plastic is easier to get dirty than dark plastic.

Thanks but that's not currently my problem, I was planning to clean it once in a while.

I'm assuming you mean you've ordered it, not bought it, and are still waiting for it to arrive?

I can't find anything on it locally. I found some hi-res pics on here which seems to confirm this.... interesting design choice.

@Gold Mousse fair enough. consider also yellowening.

However: i look for the model of the keyboard in google images. Into some european webshop writings seems white, plastic seem very light gray.

Not English-speaking person, sorry, I'll make mistakes. If you're kind, maybe you'll be able to understand.

If you're really kind, you'll nicely point that out so I will learn more about write in good English.  🙂

2 minutes ago, Mojo-Jojo said:

I'm assuming you mean you've ordered it, not bought it, and are still waiting for it to arrive?

I can't find anything on it locally. I found some hi-res pics on here which seems to confirm this.... interesting design choice.

No I bought it, but the box is sealed, and I'd like to keep it that way if I have to return it. At least they can sell it as new and it won't gonna end in a landfill.

Just now, Gold Mousse said:

No I bought but the box is sealed, and I'd like to keep it that way if I have to return it. At least they can sell it as new and it won't gonna end in a landfill.

AH, I misunderstood your post. I was wondering if you had it, why not just open the box and check.

So I assumed you hadn't actually received it yet, and found a pic elsewhere.

In that case, looks like it's gonna be a return.

Very interesting design choice.