Blender not detecting my amd gpu on linux

I am running the newest version of pop_os! and blender 3.6.1 i have a AMD Radeon RX 7600 (which should be compatible with HIP in blender). When i go to preference to enable gpu render  it says "no compatible gpu for cycles". How do i get my gpu to work with blender?

1 hour ago, Vortex1x1x1x said:

I am running the newest version of pop_os! and blender 3.6.1 i have a AMD Radeon RX 7600 (which should be compatible with HIP in blender). When i go to preference to enable gpu render  it says "no compatible gpu for cycles". How do i get my gpu to work with blender?

You may have to load the proprietary driver from AMD. The base one lacks a lot of features.

9 hours ago, Applefreak said:

You may have to load the proprietary driver from AMD. The base one lacks a lot of features.

Ok how do i do that

1 hour ago, Vortex1x1x1x said:

Ok how do i do that

In your systems settings there should be an option to select the current driver. I am not familiar with the OS you are using but as far as I understand it is based on ubuntu so it should be a pretty much the same process. If no other driver is found, you may have to download one from AMD directly install it yourself. You can do it in the console as well dpgk -i insert_name_of_file_here.pkg

5 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

In your systems settings there should be an option to select the current driver. I am not familiar with the OS you are using but as far as I understand it is based on ubuntu so it should be a pretty much the same process. If no other driver is found, you may have to download one from AMD directly install it yourself. You can do it in the console as well dpgk -i insert_name_of_file_here.pkg

i followed the instructions on the amd website for installing the drivers  and i have the repository and installer installed but i dont know what to do after that

1 minute ago, Vortex1x1x1x said:

i followed the instructions on the amd website for installing the drivers  and i have the repository and installer installed but i dont know what to do after that

Check in the system settings for the option to select the driver. It should sound something like additional divers I believe (sry I rarely use a gui these days). Make sure the amd driver is selected and reboot.