New PC build weird problem

Hello Everyone,

So I recently built a new PC. So everything seems to be running perfectly except when I game I get random drops of frames to the point that it freezes. I would be playing baldurs gate 3 for and it runs perfectly but every few minutes it drops frames for like 10 secs stuck in a single frame. Attached is the exact build. Note that the ram code is not in the support list in the motherboard but similar codes are (CMH32GX5M2D6000C36W).

Thank you.

image.png

13 minutes ago, StyledPanda said:

Hello Everyone,

So I recently built a new PC. So everything seems to be running perfectly except when I game I get random drops of frames to the point that it freezes. I would be playing baldurs gate 3 for and it runs perfectly but every few minutes it drops frames for like 10 secs stuck in a single frame. Attached is the exact build. Note that the ram code is not in the support list in the motherboard but similar codes are (CMH32GX5M2D6000C36W).

Thank you.

image.png

Sounds a lot like cooling issues. Are you able to use hardware monitor to see what's happening in the middle of your gaming sessions?

6 minutes ago, Marcus Kemp said:

Sounds a lot like cooling issues. Are you able to use hardware monitor to see what's happening in the middle of your gaming sessions?

Yes so GPU was running in the 70-80 and CPU was at 45s according to the NXZT lcd Display but Lianli said 50-70

19 hours ago, StyledPanda said:

Yes so GPU was running in the 70-80 and CPU was at 45s according to the NXZT lcd Display but Lianli said 50-70

hmm... not sure then. It could be a driver issue, or any kind of software issue really. It could also be an issue with either the cpu or gpu spiking in temps for very quick seconds or overvolting/undervolting would cause that too. But if you had the actual hardware monitor by CPUID I believe it would actually tell you if you had any kind of spike like that while gaming and you could address it from there.

After running BD3 the frame drop only happened at the beginning of the game then it was regular, then a few minutes after switching to League everything was good then the drop, this time it was not freezing to a complete 0 frames though. Gpu and CPU temps were regular.