Can I shove a PCI-E 4.0 graphics card in a B450 gaming pro carbon ac?

I'm working on upgrading my computer and I usually play video games on it but I use it also used for school work. I've been having issues with my current graphics card recently (MSI GTX 1650 Super) and have decided to just upgrade it. I have been looking at getting a 6750 XT but its a 4.0 PCI-E and the B450 GPCA supports 3.0, I wanted to know if I would be able to use a PCIE 4.0 graphics card with the current motherboard until I get a new motherboard.

I also would like to know if the 6750xt is a good idea to get or if their are better options for price to performance. I am running a B450 gaming pro carbon ac, Ryzen 7 5800x, with a 1650 Super and corsair vengeance LPX ram.

2 minutes ago, skunkify said:

I have been looking at getting a 6750 XT but its a 4.0 PCI-E and the B450 GPCA supports 3.0, I wanted to know if I would be able to use a PCIE 4.0 graphics card with the current motherboard until I get a new motherboard.

Yes, PCIe is backwards compatible so the graphics card will run at the slowest speeds that the maximum is capable of. It will run at PCIe 3.0 speeds instead of 4.0. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

29 minutes ago, skunkify said:

I also would like to know if the 6750xt is a good idea to get or if their are better options for price to performance

Used rx 6800(xt) or used 3080(ti)

Should be a decent amount of deals on fb marketplace, just need to make sure they work and you can check on location