Laptop RAM speed upgrade

image.png.a0b3f6155091980e13773619f6882c95.png

Hello guys, first post here, wanna double check if it is possible for me to upgrade the ram speed for my laptop-AORUS 17H BXF- with 13700H from 4800MHz to 5200MHz, since it was a big purchase for the laptop itself and adding another 200 CAD to it is something that I need to carefully check before I buy the ram. 

Also, I am aiming for Crucial (https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr5/ct2k32g52c42s5), just really want to be sure that the laptop support higher speed, if anyone know it would work or not, or there are anything else I need to know before I commit, I will really appreciate it!

16 minutes ago, TTLouis said:

image.png.a0b3f6155091980e13773619f6882c95.png

Hello guys, first post here, wanna double check if it is possible for me to upgrade the ram speed for my laptop-AORUS 17H BXF- with 13700H from 4800MHz to 5200MHz, since it was a big purchase for the laptop itself and adding another 200 CAD to it is something that I need to carefully check before I buy the ram. 

Also, I am aiming for Crucial (https://www.crucial.com/memory/ddr5/ct2k32g52c42s5), just really want to be sure that the laptop support higher speed, if anyone know it would work or not, or there are anything else I need to know before I commit, I will really appreciate it!

Typically with laptops if it is stated as supporting 5200mhz it should just work weather it's 32gb or 64gb however, there is a chance that when  you put the sticks in they will just automatically downclock to 4800mhz. one good way of looking for it is what you already are doing, Crucial is usually spot on with their recommendations for ram on their website. I believe you can look up your specific device and it will recommend the best fit. 

Another thing to note is the difference in performance will not be very noticeable either way going from 4800mhz to 5200mhz. especially if you have a dedicated graphics card. it's more beneficial when you're running on an IGPU  

15 minutes ago, IICaTz said:

Another thing to note is the difference in performance will not be very noticeable either way going from 4800mhz to 5200mhz. especially if you have a dedicated graphics card. it's more beneficial when you're running on an IGPU  

Thanks for the heads up, I am playing Factorio recently, heard that the ram speed have some impact on the performance for it. So I kind of want to have the ability to upgrade it.

Sadly, the Crucial website does not show whether or not it support the laptop that I have. I might just have to try it out myself?