What happened to my monitor?

Carlosp17

I've had this problem for a while with my Asus monitor
Anytime i put any refresh rate above 60 hz, screen goes partially or fully black

Previously it was just a small portion that later went away but now it seems like it is staying

Monitor has not had any punches, water or visible damage. Only thing is that it is VESA mounted and I'm using the display port to connect my graphics card.

Is it fixable? I hope so... 馃槥

Model is Asus VG279Q1A.

Have you tried changing video cable? My DP cable that was included with my AOC AG271QG started acting up after 3 years and could no longer maintain 144Hz-165Hz. I then went trough 3 new cables until I found one that has good signal since some of them were even worse than the one included.[

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Have you tried changing video cable? My DP cable that was included with my AOC AG271QG started acting up after 3 years and could no longer maintain 144Hz-165Hz. I then went trough 3 new cables until I found one that has good signal since some of them were even worse than the one included.[

Haven't actually tried that

I've assumed it was a panel thing

I will check it tomorrow

Thank you very much

1 minute ago, Carlosp17 said:

Haven't actually tried that

I've assumed it was a panel thing

I will check it tomorrow

Thank you very much

I have to admit that from the video it does seem kinda like the panel is acting up. Usually a bad cable gets you screen flickers to black or just black screen entirely. But it's worth at least to try.

18 minutes ago, WereCat said:

I have to admit that from the video it does seem kinda like the panel is acting up. Usually a bad cable gets you screen flickers to black or just black screen entirely. But it's worth at least to try.

I've actually couldn't wait and tried with no displayport but HDMI, this one is a good working one.
And still the same problem.

Seems like it is the panel.

What a F... bad experience I've had with asus. I wanted this monitor becuase it seemed like the best package for my setup (series s and pc), bought it, got lost in shipping, bought it again for my birthday back in april of last year and now this... 馃槥

42 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Now i find this on reddit, i'm not to used to use reddit or any social platform. Could have been helpfull a couple of months ago. This is exactly how it started for me, seems like a recurring problem with this monitor and looks like the best solution is "use your warranty to fix it", well mine ended on may 2023. 馃槥

I put this for anyone who may have the same problem or is considering to buy the same monitor on amazon because it is higly well rated.

Minecraft on 120 hz will have to wait a little more...

18 minutes ago, Carlosp17 said:

Now i find this on reddit, i'm not to used to use reddit or any social platform. Could have been helpfull a couple of months ago. This is exactly how it started for me, seems like a recurring problem with this monitor and looks like the best solution is "use your warranty to fix it", well mine ended on may 2023. 馃槥

I put this for anyone who may have the same problem or is considering to buy the same monitor on amazon because it is higly well rated.

Minecraft on 120 hz will have to wait a little more...

I'd still moan at them about it, especially given it seems to be a common issue.

Router:聽 Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7