VM Gaming on Proxmox and Unraid, Ban on games.

I am trying to run multiple VMs on  proxmox with GPU passthrough. But my two accounts got banned by Activision for warzone2 and modern warfare registered through steam, in which one of them was just created and wasn't even played. Can somebody help me regarding this issue. such that i can run multiple vms without getting banned. Thanks!!!!

14 minutes ago, Anish Joshi Shrestha said:

I am trying to run multiple VMs on  proxmox with GPU passthrough. But my two accounts got banned by Activision for warzone2 and modern warfare registered through steam, in which one of them was just created and wasn't even played. Can somebody help me regarding this issue. such that i can run multiple vms without getting banned. Thanks!!!!

Some anti-cheat software gets tripped when it runs inside a VM, because in theory it's possible for the host to poke values into the virtual machine's RAM (which ould defeat the purpose of anti-cheat software).

You can try reaching out to Activision and Valve support, but I'm afraid you're probably S.O.L.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

i agree with needfuldoer, any games with kernel level anti cheat (any new call of duty or valorant/vanguard, im sure there are others) will probably not work without banning you nearly instantly. We can thank cheaters for that..

20 hours ago, Needfuldoer said:

Some anti-cheat software gets tripped when it runs inside a VM, because in theory it's possible for the host to poke values into the virtual machine's RAM (which ould defeat the purpose of anti-cheat software).

You can try reaching out to Activision and Valve support, but I'm afraid you're probably S.O.L.

yes, tried Activision an no luck there 😅, they just copy pasted the same reply as a bot even i asked them if there was any solution to work through it .

Edited by Anish Joshi Shrestha

19 hours ago, matt0725 said:

i agree with needfuldoer, any games with kernel level anti cheat (any new call of duty or valorant/vanguard, im sure there are others) will probably not work without banning you nearly instantly. We can thank cheaters for that..

I am trying to run a gaming zone with gpu pass through for each vm. well seems like this is going to create an issue 😅.