PC takes 2 power button presses to boot

lafrente

When I completely remove the electricity to the power cord and PC, and wait a few minutes, it will take 2 attempts to boot. If I wait a bit less, it will boot in first attempt, but it will take a few seconds before I get a light on power button. If I shut the PC down, don't touch anything, wait a minute and press the power button, it will boot normally.

So far this has caused no issues. There have been times when PC stayed on for 20 days without issue, and no issue under any kind of load.

I am just wondering, why is this happening?

2 hours ago, lafrente said:

When I completely remove the electricity to the power cord and PC, and wait a few minutes, it will take 2 attempts to boot. If I wait a bit less, it will boot in first attempt, but it will take a few seconds before I get a light on power button. If I shut the PC down, don't touch anything, wait a minute and press the power button, it will boot normally.

So far this has caused no issues. There have been times when PC stayed on for 20 days without issue, and no issue under any kind of load.

Power button might be getting stuck.

2 hours ago, lafrente said:

Motherboard weirdness. Ignore and move on.