New monitor not detecting

Hello There, I recently purchased LG ultragear 24GN65R, but when I connect it to my pc, it says "no signal detected". I tried both Display port and HDMI port, I even tried another HDMI cable to see if cable is damaged, but none of them worked. My gpu is 1050 ti. My old monitor works perfectly but it is connected via Dvi port. Perhaps problem is my gpu ports? I tried to connect my old monitor with HDMI instead of DVi and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

7 minutes ago, Aristroblade said:

Hello There, I recently purchased LG ultragear 24GN65R, but when I connect it to my pc, it says "no signal detected". I tried both Display port and HDMI port, I even tried another HDMI cable to see if cable is damaged, but none of them worked. My gpu is 1050 ti. My old monitor works perfectly but it is connected via Dvi port. Perhaps problem is my gpu ports? I tried to connect my old monitor with HDMI instead of DVi and it didn't work.

Any ideas?

To get the silly solution out of the way:  Make sure you are plugging both monitors into the GPU ports and not trying to use the onboard display outputs from the motherboard.  

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

1 minute ago, LapsedMemory said:

To get the silly solution out of the way:  Make sure you are plugging both monitors into the GPU ports and not trying to use the onboard display outputs from the motherboard.  

Yup, it is in GPU ports. Btw, I am not trying to use both monitors, I am replacing the old one. Should I try using both monitors at once to see if anything changes? (My old monitor is BenQ GL2250HM)

4 minutes ago, Aristroblade said:

Yup, it is in GPU ports. Btw, I am not trying to use both monitors, I am replacing the old one. Should I try using both monitors at once to see if anything changes? (My old monitor is BenQ GL2250HM)

You can try it.  However, if neither monitor works on the HDMI port right now, I suspect it's your HDMI port that's the problem. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X  | Motherboard: ASROCK B450 pro4 | RAM: 2x16GB  | GPU: MSI NVIDIA RTX 2060 | Cooler: Noctua NH-U9S | SSD: Samsung 980 Evo 1T 

Just now, LapsedMemory said:

You can try it.  However, if neither monitor works on the HDMI port right now, I suspect it's your HDMI port that's the problem. 

Display port doesn't work either I think (unless monitor is the issue), and my new monitor doesn't have Dvi port. So I am out of luck?

Any chance you can borrow a GPU from a friend to try?  Do you have another HDMI device in your house that you can plug your monitors into to verify they are both good?

12 minutes ago, LapsedMemory said:

Any chance you can borrow a GPU from a friend to try?  Do you have another HDMI device in your house that you can plug your monitors into to verify they are both good?

Unfortunately no 😞 Perhaps I can try buying an Dvi to HDMI cable to if it works