Xmp profile won't boot bios (high end pc)

Hey, so I upgraded my whole pc. 

Got the...

Mobo: aorus rog strix z790-e

cpu: i9-13900k 

Ram : 4x32 corsair vengeance ddr5 6400mhz cl32 

Gpu: can't decide on the new one so 2060rtx for now

When I turn on the xmp profile on in the bios the system won't boot ( computer is on, rgb and fans are running, screens are not getting output and it gives code n'97)

Updates the bios to the newest, all drives are mucho bueno. 20230806_214407.thumb.jpg.d4e2dc24f023202b5ec1bd3bb3b83eb1.jpg

Any ideas ? 

1 minute ago, Budrys said:

Hey, so I upgraded my whole pc. 

Got the...

Mobo: aorus rog strix z790-e

cpu: i9-13900k 

Ram : 4x32 corsair vengeance ddr5 6400mhz cl32 

Gpu: can't decide on the new one so 2060rtx for now

When I turn on the xmp profile on in the bios the system won't boot ( computer is on, rgb and fans are running, screens are not getting output and it gives code n'97)

Updates the bios to the newest, all drives are mucho bueno. 20230806_214407.thumb.jpg.d4e2dc24f023202b5ec1bd3bb3b83eb1.jpg

Any ideas ? 

@Shimejii

Running 4 dimms of DDR5 is going to be hard to get above 4800mhz due to limitation of the memory

controller.

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

@Shimejii

Running 4 dimms of DDR5 is going to be hard to get above 4800mhz due to limitation of the memory

controller.

Thank You.. I guess that socks:( 

4 minutes ago, Budrys said:

Thank You.. I guess that socks:( 

Yeah, its quite unfortunate. Thats why they started making 24 and 48GB DDR5 sticks so you would have 48 and 96GB but still only run 2 sticks at 6000mhz. Maybe even return your RAM if possible and get some of those instead.

Try with 2 sticks and see if that works at 6000mhz.

Yeah ran into the same issue on my AMD platform, gotta stick with the 2x16GB sticks.

The geek himself.

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

@Shimejii

controller.

Youve been getting a few uses of that post of late lol 😛 

But yes IMC stuff still is a bit wonky on AM5 boards and Intel z690/790, 4 Dimms still pretty much limited to 4800-5200 speeds. WIth a TON of tinkering you may have results but that is well out of the scope for most people.

If you want a ton of ram, Get 2x32 Sticks or 2x48 Sticks and call it a day, there isnt much benefit at the moment going above 6000 cl 30 for people who just want the most stable computer without having to tinker much 🙂 Otherwise most people 32 GB is more then enough.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Youve been getting a few uses of that post of late lol 😛 

But yes IMC stuff still is a bit wonky on AM5 boards and Intel z690/790, 4 Dimms still pretty much limited to 4800-5200 speeds. WIth a TON of tinkering you may have results but that is well out of the scope for most people.

If you want a ton of ram, Get 2x32 Sticks or 2x48 Sticks and call it a day, there isnt much benefit at the moment going above 6000 cl 30 for people who just want the most stable computer without having to tinker much 🙂 Otherwise most people 32 GB is more then enough.

Yeah.. Seems like many people are running into this issue.
I'd rather post and credit someone than just 'taking it' myself and get credit like its my own doing.
And I'm lazy.

I think AMD has a firmware update to support more speeds.