[IGN] PlayStation Now will launch with "hundreds of titles"

TopWargamer

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/14/playstation-now-launching-with-hundreds-of-titles?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

Todd Liss of Sony told IGN that PlayStation Now will launch with "hundreds of titles." Now is currently in closed beta, and is still slated to launch this summer in North America.

Also at the PlayStation event, Sony was showing off two games running on Now for the very first time. Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was shown being played on PlayStation 4, while Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus was shown being played on PlayStation Vita. The former game was hinted at earlier on the website of Gaikai, the streaming technology company Sony acquired a couple of years ago for $380 million.

Unfortunately, little else is known about PS Now, other than that renting games may cost $4.99-$5.99, and that both first party games -- like the aforementioned Uncharted 3 and Ratchet: Nexus -- and third party games will be available.

So...there will be a fairly good collection of games at first. Well that's good. I thought it would have started off with only a few dozen titles and worked its way from there, but hey, I guess I was wrong. For now, this is all we know about PlayStation Now, and hopefully we will be getting more information - like pricing - sometime soon. At least it will be available in North America soon (summer 2014). 

COMIC SANS

I just want Super Mario 64 HD from Nintendo.

https://dolphin-emu.org/media/

I5 K or up for Wii U emulation on some games. 

http://www.pj64-emu.com/

^ Super Mario 64.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Unless this is A Netflix / hulu model at an adjusted price it will die a slow miserable death. I'm thinking 19.99 a month for unlimited access.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

Doubt streaming will work this time around. They'd have to have really reliable servers plus good internet from the consumer side to get things rolling.

I, however, have shit internet and wouldn't be able to try this service out :(

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Yeah, there's also "hundreds of titles" on the free version of Hulu and it's barely worth a crap. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah, there's also "hundreds of titles" on the free version of Hulu and it's barely worth a crap. 

I may be mistaken but I think PSNow is just for streaming games.

I can't see this working as well now as it may in the future, latency is just too high on the internet as it currently exists to be sending controller input to a remote server.