Keydous NJ98 Keyboard Details and Short Review

• Keycaps: PBT keycap, options of double shot or dye-sub PBT plastic
  • Screen: attached by magnet,displays time,connection,battery,number lock in default, support to upload the gif images
  • Hot swappable: Yes, kailh socket
  • Connection: 3 modes with Bluetooth 5.0, 2.4ghz and wired(type-c)
  • Battery: 8000mAh with 2 batteries inside
  • Encoder: Solid aluminium alloy knob, the same specs as the one of NJ80
  • Instruction: tray mount
  • Foams: beneath plate and switch, bottom foam.
  • Switch options: Gateron Pro(yellow, brown), BOX Ice Cream Pro(strawberry,blueberry and taro), BOX deep sea -islet
  • Plate option: steel and brass
  • Feet: with 1 adjustable angle feet only
  • RGB: south-facing RGB, customizable light effects
  • Case: ABS plastic in solid black
  • Pre-built slot for 2.4ghz dongle in the back

I received the package in excellent condition; it was packed securely inside thick bubble wrap. I opted for dark version with the steel plate and gateron yellows. Coming with a solid black case, the keyboard itself feels solid with minimal flex. It is slightly heavy, weighing around 1.6kg.The typing experience is smooth when out of box, without hollowness or unwanted noise. The 3-layer foams seem to play a significant role in reducing typing noise. I am pleased with the typing feel and sound.

The mini screen is a useful addition, displaying the time, connecting mode, and battery status by default,can upload gif images as well.Additionally, the screen has a calculator function, accessible by pressing FN+upright enter. This feature is particularly handy for those who frequently need to use a calculator. However, it would be even better if the screen could display additional information like CPU and RAM status.

The keycap quality is good, and I particularly enjoy the side-lit features. The RGB lighting looks impressive when activated. Setting up the RGB can be easily done through their software, which also allows downloading shared RGB profiles from other users. The wireless connections are smooth and reliable, with the 2.4g mode being my preferred choice due to its stability.

The software is user-friendly and enables easy remapping of all keys in the first or FN layer. Moreover, the FN key can be remapped to change the FN shortcuts, making it a great feature for users who rely on FN shortcuts. Overall, I am quite satisfied with the keyboard's performance and features.

_487e60f22ca3cdb342719cb9de58fd94_1583188818_1510376306.png

_190ebc87327064688105699b26fae25a_-1413651944_1836482378.png