Project Wheatley

Khvarrioiren

Hello everyone, it's the Finn who disagrees with everyone!

I decided to share a project of mine, my current main rig named Wheatley, which is not sadly quite finished. Still waiting for another rad to go to the top slot and the cables are waiting to be sleeved, which I really should start to work on but I can't really be arsed because of work and school. I also tried to keep the LED waste to a minimum, since I quite dislike them myself. It's all about the ambient, soft lighting, damn it.  I'm quite sure you'll get the reason for the nomenclature from the photos, so let's go through the specs.

Case: Cooler Master 690 III

Motherboard: Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu CL9/1600 Mhz

Graphics card: Club3d R9 280x RoyalQueen cooled by an AquaComputer AquaGrATIx 7970

Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1Tb, Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

PSU: Seasonic M12II Bronze Evo 620w

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, I'll try to take some better ones when the missus decides I'm responsible enough to use  a camera that isn't integrated to a Chinese Android-phone. And yes, that's a fan on the VRM's.

post-77819-0-12897800-1400105326_thumb.j

post-77819-0-59448000-1400105336_thumb.j

post-77819-0-28603700-1400105350_thumb.j

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I cried at that LED Wheatly. +1

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Really awesome looking.  +1 for creativity.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Never played portal but that's pretty cool :D 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Never played portal but that's pretty cool :D

Funny thing, I actually don't adore the Portal series that much, but hawt damn I really liked Wheatley. Nevertheless, you really should give the games a go, they're pretty damn fun, and good. And thanks for the compliment.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

you should get some UV cold cathodes and add some UV dye. See my sig rig for how that turns out looking, I can't recommend it enough.

you should get some UV cold cathodes and add some UV dye. See my sig rig for how that turns out looking, I can't recommend it enough.

I've been considering it, but I'm kinda on the edge since I think it's going to look way too flashy. I need to finish the Aperture Science backplate for the graphics card first, could look into it after that.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

That portal 2 thing... Haha, nice ;)