Simple lan (security) camera's needed

Hello,

What would be the minimum needed to have a OFFLINE security camera system? Basically we want 2-3 camera's just watching the garden to see what goes on during the day with the animals. Thats all. We have ethernet running all around and POE isn't an issue.

We'd like to be able to use our home assistant (that is OFFLINE) to watch what is going on from time to time and that is all.

What is important is that these things can be used offline. They will be in their own airgapped network and will not be visible to anything but that network.

Anything recommended? Cheaper the better

hikvision camera has always worked for me and yeah from the last time I used them they didn't require and internet connection just the discovery tool has to be installed  to configure them.

Any IP security cam should work. Discovery tool for Hikvision cameras isn't even necessary, that's just to find the IP address of the camera on a network so you can log into the interface on the camera to configure the camera. I forget what the default IP address is for Hikvision, but IIRC it's 192.168.1.19, but that varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and is easily found by Googling the make/model of whatever camera you pick up. If you connect it to a router handing out DHCP (doesn't need to be connected to internet) you can look up the ARP table and find the IP via MAC address. I imagine there's a lot of Hikvision IP cameras that are being dumped on ebay because of them being on the banned list for govt use, so you should be able to pick some up for cheap. And since you're only using it locally and air-gapped, you won't have to worry about it checking in with the Chinese overlords.