Electrical Engineer project?

Fluffinator

Is anyone in the Electrical Engineering field and remember a awesome project that you did while in Uni, I'm looking for a project to do. Thanks!

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

Oh I took electrical engineering!!! Wait... no I didn't... I never went to college....

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Which course are you in?

I'm in electronics. We did an audio amplifier, but I guess that was pretty basic.

We also combined an Arduino with a FPGA to make a system that controlled a LED cube. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

I've literally said this in another topic 15 mins before, but what about a Gauss gun? Bonus points if you make it portable!

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

What's a Gauss gun is it legal to bring it to a class lol?

Which course are you in?

I'm in electronics. We did an audio amplifier, but I guess that was pretty basic.

We also combined an Arduino with a FPGA to make a system that controlled a LED cube.

Major is Electrical Engineering systems and I just want anything particularly cool to make for a project that demonstrates the field in general and how it can help people or just is plain cool :D

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

make a fully automated (scale model) amusement park attraction, controlled with something like a siemens S7-1200 that controlls a speedcontroller for a 3phase-asynch.motor or with stepper motor, with all the safety measures 'n stuff (maybe add a touchscreen, make a long and short program for when it is busy in the theme park,...)

i made something roughly based on this: http://youtu.be/zFDjJD4tBo0

build log: diagonalmod (RIP?)

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

make a fully automated (scale model) amusement park attraction, controlled with something like a siemens S7-1200 that controlls a speedcontroller for a 3phase-asynch.motor or with stepper motor, with all the safety measures 'n stuff (maybe add a touchscreen, make a long and short program for when it is busy in the theme park,...)

Wow, that looks really awesome! The only issue is the availability of those parts, where would I find things for that?

I studied Electronics a while back but I remember some friends of mine in another room who are studying electrical did a small house with buildings around (something like minecraft) but with electrical wirings elevators and stuff moving. it was an awesome project I say.

or if you want We did some project about audio and signal.

we made speakers out of scratch ^_^.

I still have that till this day but I made a couple for more which I use whenever I wanna party.

Live your life like a dream.

Wow, that looks really awesome! The only issue is the availability of those parts, where would I find things for that?

yeah, i know. i 3D printed them myself :D (with my printrbot LC v1)

here is my version (i made it for finishing off secondary school in belgium (normal age of finishing secondary school in belgium is 18 years): (the white and red is 3D printed)

sry for crappy cam quality

http://youtu.be/cSlaOZ8NccI?t=5s

i know i use many of these: ( ) and these: ... (i really do... (sry...) ) edit: and edits

Yeah, will probably need to do some wood/metal work or get a 3d printer or make something very simple with electrical components. I was thinking of making a temperature controlled ceiling fan device but it seemed sorta lame.

Yeah, will probably need to do some wood/metal work or get a 3d printer or make something very simple with electrical components. I was thinking of making a temperature controlled ceiling fan device but it seemed sorta lame.

not really.

IMO that's actually awesome.

Live your life like a dream.

you could upgrade this with some kind of screen with a graph of the temperature. maybe program something to look further in the past as well...

edit: maybe even set the wanted temperature remotely with your smartphone. judges love touch thingies and wireless thingies ;)

Edited by darkspeedy26

you could upgrade this with some kind of screen with a graph of the temperature. maybe program something to look further in the past as well...

edit: maybe even set the wanted temperature remotely with your smartphone. judges love touch thingies and wireless thingies ;)

Good idea sounds like it would work nicely! Could use my laptop probably.