New Build Won't Boot

Alpha52

Motherboard: Aorus Z790 Elite Ax

CPU: Intel 13900k

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 2x32gb

GPU: ASUS 4080

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Case: Corsair 4000D

So here's the deal. Built the entire computer, turning on no boot. When I flip the PSU power switch, the 4 red LEDs on the MB blink quickly then go black. No illumination of the status LED.

Pressing the power button either on the case of MB results in a small "click" in the PSU and nothing more.

Pulled the PSU and tested all voltages with a multimeter. PSU is fine.

Tried pulling components until I was down to just the MB with the 24pin and 2x8pins connected. Same results. Even pulled the MB and PSU completely out of the case. Same results.

Got a replacement for the exact same MB thinking something was wrong there since the PSU seemed fine. Same result with the new MB.

Hooked the new MB and system up to an old, known working Corsair HX850i PSU. Same exact result as . Hooking that PSU back to a known working system, it works fine still.

What in the world is my next step? I already ordered another PSU thinking if it wasn't the MB, it must be the PSU. But that was before I tested with the HX850i and it did the same thing.

Did something fry both the MBs? The one thing I haven't tried is hooking the RM1000x to my old system that's running off the HX850i, but I'm afraid if the RM1000x is frying the new MB, I'll end up damaging my old rig.

Thanks in advance.

7 minutes ago, Alpha52 said:

Motherboard: Aorus Z790 Elite Ax

CPU: Intel 13900k

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 2x32gb

GPU: ASUS 4080

PSU: Corsair RM1000x

Case: Corsair 4000D

So here's the deal. Built the entire computer, turning on no boot. When I flip the PSU power switch, the 4 red LEDs on the MB blink quickly then go black. No illumination of the status LED.

Pressing the power button either on the case of MB results in a small "click" in the PSU and nothing more.

Pulled the PSU and tested all voltages with a multimeter. PSU is fine.

Tried pulling components until I was down to just the MB with the 24pin and 2x8pins connected. Same results. Even pulled the MB and PSU completely out of the case. Same results.

Got a replacement for the exact same MB thinking something was wrong there since the PSU seemed fine. Same result with the new MB.

Hooked the new MB and system up to an old, known working Corsair HX850i PSU. Same exact result as . Hooking that PSU back to a known working system, it works fine still.

What in the world is my next step? I already ordered another PSU thinking if it wasn't the MB, it must be the PSU. But that was before I tested with the HX850i and it did the same thing.

Did something fry both the MBs? The one thing I haven't tried is hooking the RM1000x to my old system that's running off the HX850i, but I'm afraid if the RM1000x is frying the new MB, I'll end up damaging my old rig.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds dumb but is anything shorting the rig? Are there any standoffs still installed that aren't being using?(Like underneath the motherboard)

Another somewhat dumb question, are all the i/o connectors configured correctly? Like power button, reset switch, etc.? Have you tried booting the rig just by shorting the power button connector port with a paperclip or something(to rule out a power button issue but also don't do this unless you know what I mean)

Have you tried re-seating everything? CPU, RAM, etc.?

14 minutes ago, KhakiHat said:

Sounds dumb but is anything shorting the rig? Are there any standoffs still installed that aren't being using?(Like underneath the motherboard)

Another somewhat dumb question, are all the i/o connectors configured correctly? Like power button, reset switch, etc.? Have you tried booting the rig just by shorting the power button connector port with a paperclip or something(to rule out a power button issue but also don't do this unless you know what I mean)

Have you tried re-seating everything? CPU, RAM, etc.?

I haven't specifically checked if there are EXTRA standoffs in contact with the board, but the case comes preinstalled with ATX standoffs so I don't believe so. And I get the same result running outside the case using the MB cardboard box as a "test bench".

All the i/o connectors appear to be correct.

I haven't tried shorting the pins, but the RST_SW button on the MB has the same results. And the manual lists that switch as follows:

RST_SW (Reset Button) The reset button (RST_SW) allows users to quickly turn on/off the computer in an open-case environment when they want to change hardware components or conduct hardware testing.

Yes. Literally every component has been removed and re-seated, one by one.

Is your BIOS up to date ? With these new platforms, you may need to flash the latest BIOS to be able to boot with that CPU.

Your motherboard supports the Q-Flash plus feature that allows you to flash the motherboard without a CPU. Follow the instructions and you should be good. The latest BIOS on Gigabyte's website is F7.