What is happening to my pc (not a joke)

bradll

This issue started a few days ago where I was just play and browsing steam, then amd suggested me to download one of the newer drivers they were offering. So I did what they told me and did download one of their newest and latest drivers, this is where the issue started. Whenever I muti task while playing something like minecraft I would get this lag when I would drag a window, and this got worse once I left the game. Here is an example

Just now, kellogg023 said:

i use vulkan on linux and partially coded my own driver that improves performance 

That's not particularly relevant to the described issue, but well done

Just roll the windows back thru recovery or ddu the graphics driver and re-install the last driver you had it on. Just because they make a new driver doesnt mean its going to be better or work better in your pc. Believe me, all these companys are famous for putting out a new driver or update and borks everyones pc's. Thats a recurring theme since win 95 at least.

Try using LatencyMon to troubleshoot what process or driver is causing the lag spike.

Some related material on the subject 

20 minutes ago, Soviut said:

Try using LatencyMon to troubleshoot what process or driver is causing the lag spike.

Some related material on the subject 

image.thumb.png.7b79c2dd77731664a9536fb020aa60ef.png

1 hour ago, AI_Must_Di3 said:

Just roll the windows back thru recovery or ddu the graphics driver and re-install the last driver you had it on. Just because they make a new driver doesnt mean its going to be better or work better in your pc. Believe me, all these companys are famous for putting out a new driver or update and borks everyones pc's. Thats a recurring theme since win 95 at least.

tried that 1-2 times didn't solve the issue, followed guides and form post, didn't work

I think I found the problem but I don't know how to fix it, any tech wiz please save me

Screenshot 2023-07-27 183515.png

@bradll I have merged your 2 threads together. Please keep to a single thread for troubleshooting the same issue. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I've had this issue with every driver since 22.7.1 on my 6900xt, sadly newer games such as Diablo 4 require a more up to date driver.

The only thing that fixes it for me is a driver restart using Win+Ctrl+Shift+B.