Pc only boots after reseting the CMOS

YxLoveMoonxY

Hi

I just build this new pc, and I am having alot of problems, but the most important is that, everytime that I need to turn it on again It doesn't boot, it just turns the RGB and fans on until it turns off by itself, the only way that I can make it turn on and acess windows is by reseting the CMOS by removing the battery.

My specs

ASUS H510 M E

INTEL I5 11400F

GTX 1660 TI asus tuf

16 GB DDR 4 RAM

PSU MSI MAG A500DN, 500W

37 minutes ago, YxLoveMoonxY said:

Hi

I just build this new pc, and I am having alot of problems, but the most important is that, everytime that I need to turn it on again It doesn't boot, it just turns the RGB and fans on until it turns off by itself, the only way that I can make it turn on and acess windows is by reseting the CMOS by removing the battery.

My specs

ASUS H510 M E

INTEL I5 11400F

GTX 1660 TI asus tuf

16 GB DDR 4 RAM

PSU MSI MAG A500DN, 500W

Potentially a short or faulty component in the CMOS array. There's a potential that you've just got defective hardware, but some things to check would be for a bad ground or short. I'd validate that the motherboard standoffs and screws are properly installed (fully threaded in to touch the motherboard), that there's nothing crazy touching the computer case (which acts as a ground) same regarding each component, including the PSU, also anything touching the motherboard incidentally. 

Its a weird one, but worst case, I'd start unplugging things to see if an RGB header or such is causing a bad ground that can affect the CMOS array.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017