Looking for a web browser.

I am looking for a very performant and light-weight web browser. Obviously, Chromium browsers are one of the fastest when it comes to the least software overhead, but they are really heavy and intensive. It's okay if that browser can't browse some webpages that properly, I will have Edge installed. Favoring privacy will also be good.

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

5 minutes ago, Hensen Juang said:

I am looking for a very performant and light-weight web browser. Obviously, Chromium browsers are one of the fastest when it comes to the least software overhead, but they are really heavy and intensive. It's okay if that browser can't browse some webpages that properly, I will have Edge installed. Favoring privacy will also be good.

Opera is nice. Opera gx is quite cool with a lot of things to tweak.

Firefox.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

so.. you're looking for a shitty webbrowser, it doesnt matter if it sucks because you have edge as well?

also - anything chromium based *can* run very lean,  it's just that the webpages themselves are usually a bloated mess.

i currently have a vivaldi instance open (vivaldi is basicly chromium underneath) and with a noscript plugin that's got most things whitelisted it's still at a flat 0.0% cpu usage with 100+ tabs open.

6 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Opera is nice. Opera gx is quite cool with a lot of things to tweak.

OP asks a lightweight webbrowser, and you suggest the most bloated mess there is to find out there.

1 minute ago, Levent said:

Firefox.

something something "it's not about which browser you use, but how you use it"?

firefox is probably the best option out of the big 3 to start with though.

The only one I know of that's remotely modern but isn't just Gecko (Firefox) or Chromium (Chrome) in a branded wrapper is NetSurf.

https://www.netsurf-browser.org/

Otherwise you've got SeaMonkey (an old-school wrapper around Gecko, the closest thing there still is to Netscape Communicator), Dillo (which may as well be Netscape Navigator 4), and Lynx (great if you love text and only text).

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

52 minutes ago, manikyath said:

OP asks a lightweight webbrowser, and you suggest the most bloated mess there is to find out there.

I might have read too quickly.  Opera got nice privecy though, thats what I read.

Here's a few that are less known:

Palemoon

Min Browser

Catalyst

I've used all 3 before and they are pretty lightweight.

Main Computer: Intel core i5-2400 3.1 GHZ (4 cores) (boost to 3.3 GHZ) Nvidia GTX 1050ti 12 gigabytes of RAM Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Logitech Keyboard Logitech G402 Mouse 512 GB Sandisk SSD 1TB (unknown) Hard Disk Old Samsung Display 1366x768 60hz.

Old Laptop: Intel core i3 (n/a GHZ) (2 cores) Intel Integrated Graphics 520 4 gigabytes of RAM Windows 10 Home 64-bit touchpad/built in keyboard 720p 60hz.

On 7/22/2023 at 8:38 PM, Needfuldoer said:

Otherwise you've got SeaMonkey (an old-school wrapper around Gecko, the closest thing there still is to Netscape Communicator)

SeaMonkey actually is Netscape Communicator. It is the last version of the original code that is still being maintained.

On 7/24/2023 at 2:50 AM, jdev082 said:

Min Browser

Caution: Min has a small UI, but a giant footprint.

Write in C.