Headphone suggestions

Im looking for a good quality set of headphones that have a nice bass but doesn't drown out the trebles too much.

Im going to be using these headphones everywhere, whether if im gaming at home, to just listening to music from my computer or from my ipod.

Im looking to spend around $100 but if i can get away with cheaper for some nice quality headphones then thats great.

I will be attaching an antlion modmic onto the headphones as well.

Thanks

Not really on your range but if you dont mind spending a bit more why not get ATH-M50's? 

Those go on massive sales from time to time and are excellent. It sounds like a mini sound stage. 

CPU: i5 -2400 Cooler: Noctua NH-L12 Mobo: Fatal1ty Z68 Pro Gen3 Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz SSD: Samsung 840 120gb HDD: WD 3TB Green, Seagate Barracuda 1TB GPU: Asus GTX 760 Direct CU II (future SLI) Sound card: Xonar Phoebus PSU: Corsair RM series 750 watts Case: Aerocool Mechatron Fans: Bit Fenix Spectre Pros
Monitor:Samsung SyncMaster SA950, Philips Blade 234CLSpeakers: Logitech z506 Headset: Razer Tiamat 7.1 KB: Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth edition Mouse: Ouroburos Mouse pad: Golaithus Extended Speed edition Gamepad: Orbweaver Controllers: Wireless Xbox 360 Controller, Razer Hydra 
System: Razer Edge Mouse: Razer Orochi Mouse pad: Razer Vespula Controlers: Razer Sabertooth (2 pcs.) Headset: Razer Blackshark Speakers: Razer Ferox What can I say, I'm a huge fan of Razer.  :D

If you can spare a little more, the ATH-M50's are a good buy. I own them myself and I love them, but I will be upgrading to an open-back pair as soon as I can afford another amp.

If you can't afford the extra for the ATH-M50's that the other's have recommended, then for the price the Sennheiser HD429 is a pretty good option. Only around $70 as well.

The ATH-M50 do look like a great pare of headphones, watching some reviews right now. I am willing to spend a little bit more for the better quality but not too over board of course.

And queu the people that do nothing but recommend the most over hyped headphones in existence.......dont get the ATH-M50's

Get Sennheiser HD518's

And queu the people that do nothing but recommend the most over hyped headphones in existence.......dont get the ATH-M50's

Wow, you went from M50 lover to hater in a short period of time.

To OP: M50 is kinda nice-ish, but a little overpriced right now. Meaning with the same budget, you have some other better options. Personally I'd prefer the cheaper Audio Technica line, the TAD series, but there are other brands and types worth recommending over the M50. I'm using the AD700, but this one isn't the ideal choice for bass lovers.

M50 isn't very good at gaming, due to it's narrow soundstage, not very good at 3D positioning audio.

Why should i not get them? Do have any other recommendations? Im still open to suggestions for i have yet to make a decision.

Sure tehy're hyped, but they aren't that bad.

I usually go for Sony when I'm looking for cheap and bassheavy headphones, I had the now discontinued XB-500 and they weren't bad for the price.

Wow, you went from M50 lover to hater in a short period of time.

To OP: M50 is kinda nice-ish, but a little overpriced right now. Meaning with the same budget, you have some other better options. Personally I'd prefer the cheaper Audio Technica line, the TAD series, but there are other brands and types worth recommending over the M50. I'm using the AD700, but this one isn't the ideal choice for bass lovers.

M50 isn't very good at gaming, due to it's narrow soundstage, not very good at 3D positioning audio.

Stop assuming. Never said I hated them

Why should i not get them? Do have any other recommendations? Im still open to suggestions for i have yet to make a decision.

Sennheiser HD518's

Why the CHC Silverados? There are like no reviews for it. And they dont look very comfy?

Does anyone have an opinion over Skull Candy and Sony headphones?

M50s get recommended a lot because a lot of people have the same limiting criteria they meet -

- Closed back

- Used portably or at home 

- Overear

- Not much more than £100

This amounts to about 90% of the requests for recommendations I get, and it is hard to think of a better performing set that ticks all the boxes. 

Obviously there are better headphones than the M50, lots of them, but at that low price point and with that versatility, they are hard to beat.

Sony MDR-7506. Sound good, aren't as bass heavy as something like the M50's, but deliver great accurate sound. They fold up, and are small and portable. You can power them with a iPod or computer no problem. 

What kind if headphones would i get if i did not have the 'around' $100 budget? Lets say 200 or 150 or something around that.

Does anyone have an opinion over Skull Candy and Sony headphones?

Skull 'Candy' does not produce headphones.

Why the CHC Silverados? There are like no reviews for it. And they dont look very comfy?

The M50's aren't particularly comfy either. The CHC is a much better headphone, imo, and I did a review on it linked in my signature.

A bassy, more comfortable but also cheaper built headphone would be the Sennheiser HD439. You can get manufacturer refurbished pairs on eBay for $40ish. Modding them for more bass if desired is easy & reversible - just open them up and remove a piece of tape from the back of the driver.

What kind if headphones would i get if i did not have the 'around' $100 budget? Lets say 200 or 150 or something around that.

On amazon, K612 Pro is $160-180, Fidelio X1 is just over $200, DT990 is $160...

I've had skull candy in past they did everything I wanted until dad hoovered them

im with the skullcandy they are really good expecially the fix iems (nice profile pic gampla)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I only have 1 experience on a skull candy I don't know which model it was but it was bought at the same price(local at my place) as the sennheiser hd280 (which I have) and the hd280 just walked all over it.

If you looked at amazon a month or so back there are beyerdynamic dt770 250ohms for just 145 bucks flat it's kinda a steal may be difficult for some to drive but hey it ain't bad.

IMO I really love the sennheiser hd598 just looks like sex. sounds good too. but I'm not into bassy music.

Live your life like a dream.

im with the skullcandy they are really good expecially the fix iems (nice profile pic gampla)

I've had skull candy in past they did everything I wanted until dad hoovered them

Skullcandy are great, if you're easily satisfied and hate money.

Ok, im going to be making a list and going to try to find them at some stores near me so i can get a taste of wats out there. Ill be trying other stuff too.

I think comfort is going to be a biggy for me the more i think about it cause i could be wearing these thing for hours on end. Also ive had some experences w/ uncomfortable headsets. I currently have a Razer Carcharias and it feels fine for about 2 or 3 hours before i feel soreness on the top edge of my left ear.

So these heafphones might be a replacement for my razer's hense why i am getting an Antlion Modmic to put on the headset.