Oculus Quest 2/3 - Requesting Game Suggestions for highly interested seniors

DaveBetTech

I have parents in their late 60s and 70s. They visited recently and had them try out beat saber (seated). They loved the experience so much they asked how they could buy one of their own. They are going to wait for the Quest 3 to come out in a couple months after I nerded out on the improvements. They're going to buy one for each of them.

So here's the kicker: My father had a quintuple bypass 22 yrs ago and gotta be careful about games that rev him up. Beat saber was a bad idea. I kind of knew this and put it on the default beat saber song using easy + practice mode @ 90% speed, but it still got him going a little too much.

>>> I'm looking for more experiential or maybe puzzle games that would be okay to play seated. I think Google Earth would be absolutely perfect, but it requires a computer connection. It doesn't matter if it costs $$$ or is free, just as long as there isn't subscription based like some of those fitness apps.

I'm going to check out the games too, but figured I could crowdsource. I'm sure some of you guys will have ideas that I may have skipped over, or maybe have experience with your parents or other seniors. Crossing my fingers!  Thanks in advance  😄

20230711_111410.jpg

If they want "chiller games", I'd recommend "I expect you to die" which is a seated puzzle/escape room game where you're basically James Bond and have to escape from whatever situation you're in, or Moss/Moss 2, which is a platformer type game where you control a little mouse from a "gods eye view" and complete puzzles & fight enemies.

May I also give a bit of advice: On the Oculus game's page, if you look at a game there'll be a "Comfort Rating" near where the price tag is, for your purposes I'd recommend looking for the "Comfortable" rating.

image.png.e55e2aa4eadb7381c98bfc38ac788a23.png

Keep in mind that I am sometimes wrong, so please correct me if you believe this is the case!

"The Nvidia Geforce RTX 3050 is brutally underrated"