PC Build! First time really building one

Ivery

Budget (including currency): 3-5000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valo, Apex, CSGO (eventually 2 of course) and a bunch of other new games that will come out in the next year (I believe.) Also, I work with heavy processing of math, where I need to do a lot of number crunching

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

image.thumb.png.39612ef2ff8abd37b063306fe6f9eb26.pngThis is the PC I am planning to build, im looking to see if this will run Valo at 360+ FPS, Apex at 240 FPS and CSGO at 360 FPS. I also hope that it is possible to number crunch quickly and effectively. Oh and stream/record. I am a highly competitive person. I like to be the best I can be at things. I am also unsure about the cooling, motherboard and case. As well... I really don't know too much about computers. If possible, I would like to change the water cooling to actual fans because I don't like the danger of water cooling. Please ask questions on specifics. Sorry if I messed this up!

I also should add that I don't know about the Storage and Memory

11 minutes ago, Ivery said:

Budget (including currency): 3-5000

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Valo, Apex, CSGO (eventually 2 of course) and a bunch of other new games that will come out in the next year (I believe.) Also, I work with heavy processing of math, where I need to do a lot of number crunching

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

image.thumb.png.39612ef2ff8abd37b063306fe6f9eb26.pngThis is the PC I am planning to build, im looking to see if this will run Valo at 360+ FPS, Apex at 240 FPS and CSGO at 360 FPS. I also hope that it is possible to number crunch quickly and effectively. Oh and stream/record. I am a highly competitive person. I like to be the best I can be at things. I am also unsure about the cooling, motherboard and case. As well... I really don't know too much about computers. If possible, I would like to change the water cooling to actual fans because I don't like the danger of water cooling. Please ask questions on specifics. Sorry if I messed this up!

Your requirements are underwhelming for a 13900k and 4090. Apex caps at 300 fps but that isn't hard to reach, and a toaster can run CSGO and Valorant at 360 fps.

If you're just looking for the best then sure. Some suggestions though:

Corsair 4000D will be a challenge to build in, since its a relatively small case, so having a good understanding of thermodynamics given the hardware is a must. I'd opt for a different case as a first build, also noting you have forgotten to include a CPU cooler.

Buying Windows 11 is dumb if you already have a PC with Windows. Simply log into your MS account on both and choose the "I recently changed hardware" option when activating Windows on the new PC. It just seizes the key from the old PC, because you "changed hardware" 🙂 

If you're buying an RTX 4090, I'd opt for a native 12VHPWR power supply. There's a huge volume of those out now and its just a better option knowing you're getting a 12VHPWR native PSU. They're marketed as ATX 3.0, PCIe 5.0, 12VHPWR power supplies like the Seasonic Vertex series or MSI MPG PCIE5 as examples.

Watercooling isn't necessary, however for a 13900k, its a rough ride since its a power hungry furnace of a processor. An NH-D15 with an LGA 1700 contact frame can at least tame it, but you're honestly better off just going with an i5 13600k or 13700k instead of a 13900k.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

5 minutes ago, Agall said:

Your requirements are underwhelming for a 13900k and 4090. Apex caps at 300 fps but that isn't hard to reach, and a toaster can run CSGO and Valorant at 360 fps.

Corsair 4000D will be a challenge to build in, since its a relatively small case, so having a good understanding of thermodynamics given the hardware is a must. I'd opt for a different case as a first build, also noting you have forgotten to include a CPU cooler.

Buying Windows 11 is dumb if you already have a PC with Windows. Simply log into your MS account on both and choose the "I recently changed hardware" option when activating Windows on the new PC. It just seizes the key from the old PC, because you "changed hardware" 🙂 

If you're buying an RTX 4090, I'd opt for a native 12VHPWR power supply. There's a huge volume of those out now and its just a better option knowing you're getting a 12VHPWR native PSU. They're marketed as ATX 3.0, PCIe 5.0, 12VHPWR power supplies like the Seasonic Vertex series or MSI MPG PCIE5 as examples.

Watercooling isn't necessary, however for a 13900k, its a rough ride since its a power hungry furnace of a processor. An NH-D15 with an LGA 1700 contact frame can at least tame it, but you're honestly better off just going with an i5 13600k or 13700k instead of a 13900k.

would just sticking to water cooling be fine?

Also, I need to be able to crunch numbers quickly so having a "top of the line" cpu should be good right?

I don't know what VHPWR is could you go more in-depth with that?

What sort of case would you recommend as well? 

Also, ahhh cpu cooler? it says cpu cooler? What other parts do I add? Im honestly terrified to build one, but I got a 5k budget and can't do a prebuilt because its just way too much!

Would an I7 whatever the highest number be better than the i9? I really am concerned about upgrading in the future and being able to do my job.

I am fine with sticking with watercooling if I could simply "go for the best" with no worries of overheating.

Would getting a prebuilt on build redux (pic uploaded) just be better?

The data and math I have to process is a lot of numbers, but not workstation worthy but nears it.

image.png

16 minutes ago, Agall said:

Oh and thank you so much for the fast reply and help!

13 minutes ago, Agall said:

Apex caps at 300 fps but that isn't hard to reach

Sure as hell hard to sustain. But yeah, targeting 1440p240 would be a good idea in Apex because even at max texture and aliasing the model clarity is fucking trash.

32 minutes ago, Ivery said:

where I need to do a lot of number crunching

In? Assuming Excel then i would go for 13700K but you really got to choose between it or framerate and frametime stability in CS and Valorant because those games LOVES thick cache.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($439.00 @ Newegg) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($111.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($174.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1599.00 @ B&H) 
Case: Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2704.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 12:09 EDT-0400

This is my usual flagship but with AIO which should be easier for amateur with poor tool availability to work on.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

This is, no doubt, a capable build, but it crosses a law of diminishing returns.  64 GB RAM is overkill for gaming and streaming.  You won't notice the difference between 64 and 32.  And the $300 liquid cooler won't be leagues better than the $100 Noctua air cooler.

And do you really need a 4090 to play PVP games competitively.  Those aren't graphically intensive, and usually competitive players don't crank up all the settings to ultra anyway, as it's visual clutter.

It depends on how much disposable income you have and what your values are.  But going from a $2000 to $3000 build is significant, while going from a $3000 to 4000 build, you're spending an extra $1000 on maybe like a few extra percent better performance.

You can find windows licenses much cheaper too.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

3 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Sure as hell hard to sustain. But yeah, targeting 1440p240 would be a good idea in Apex because even at max texture and aliasing the model clarity is fucking trash.

In? Assuming Excel then i would go for 13700K but you really got to choose between it or framerate and frametime stability in CS and Valorant because those games LOVES thick cache.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($439.00 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: MSI PRO B650-P WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($174.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: TEAMGROUP MP44L 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.98 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac GAMING Trinity OC GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB Video Card  ($1599.00 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2704.93
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 12:09 EDT-0400

This is my usual flagship but with AIO which should be easier for amateur with poor tool availability to work on.

Idk how to that quote stuff but SQL Solidworks, SPSS, C++ and CAD. Oh and Excel every now and then.

That looks like a really good PC and its a lower price! Thank you so much for the reply. Would you recommend a higher amount of storage because of the amount of work I do? (I want to avoid getting a workstation because the work honestly is not that much. I just want to optimize the speed and the amount I can do.)

4 minutes ago, minervx said:

This is, no doubt, a capable build, but it crosses a law of diminishing returns.  64 GB RAM is overkill for gaming and streaming.  You won't notice the difference between 64 and 32.  And the $300 liquid cooler won't be leagues better than the $100 Noctua air cooler.

And do you really need a 4090 to play PVP games competitively.  Those aren't graphically intensive, and usually competitive players don't crank up all the settings to ultra anyway, as it's visual clutter.

It depends on how much disposable income you have and what your values are.  But going from a $2000 to $3000 build is significant, while going from a $3000 to 4000 build, you're spending an extra $1000 on maybe like a few extra percent better performance.

You can find windows licenses much cheaper too.

you're right! I just want to avoid upgrading in the near future (about a year) and the work I do is intensive and I want it to be optimized. I plan to use this PC for pleasure and work.

6 minutes ago, Ivery said:

I just want to avoid upgrading in the near future (about a year) 

I'll put it this way.  In a year or 2, mid-range and high-end builds will still be great.  And in 5 years, all builds will be dated.

Futureproofing doesn't exist.  You're better off spending $2000-2500 on a build every 4-5 years.  Than to spend $3000-4000 on a build and try to make it last forever.

Not to say that the $4000 build will be bad in 4 years from now.  Just that it's overkill right now, and by the time you'd need that kind of hardware, it would probably be accessible in the mid-range market by then.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Just now, minervx said:

I'll put it this way.  In a year or 2, mid-range and high-end builds will still be great.  And in 5 years, both will be dated.

Futureproofing doesn't exist.  You're better off spend $2000 on a build every 4 years.  Than to spend $4000 on a build and try to make it last 8 years.

Not to say that the $4000 build will be bad in 4 years from now.  Just that it would be on par with a $2000 machine anyway.

That's fair very fair. I am still worried about crunching numbers an processing my data quickly and all that stuff. I am currently using an i7 (I forget the number) and a 1660. It takes like 20 minutes to even get SolidWorks to do something worth while

10 minutes ago, Ivery said:

Would you recommend a higher amount of storage

Go nuts. I really went for 2TB as minimum for any system built nowadays, because of the unsustainably large game size nowadays. I personally go for MX500 by Crucial for my bulk storage in US, with 840 Evo elsewhere, but of course HDDs are still available in which case my answer will always be pick the cheapest thats not a scam.

But in my eyes anything above north of 6-8TB you might wanna consider external storage instead for data safety, preferably in a Network Attached Storage on separate circuit in the house. So in the case of sudden PSU ripple or similar worst case scenario that knocks off your PSU, you have a backup you can rely on instead of gambling your entire digital data.

10 minutes ago, Ivery said:

Idk how to that quote stuff but SQL Solidworks, SPSS, C++ and CAD. Oh and Excel every now and then.

Highlight and the forum will show you Quote Selection button. It does get janky on Android due to Chromium overzealous highlighting.

But yeah in these especially Solidworks and SPSS? Those Thread Director work magic so 13700K would be more favorable even if you do lose out on gaming.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B760M PG Riptide Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2607.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 12:31 EDT-0400

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

1 minute ago, SorryBella said:

Go nuts. I really went for 2TB as minimum for any system built nowadays, because of the unsustainably large game size nowadays. I personally go for MX500 by Crucial for my bulk storage in US, with 840 Evo elsewhere, but of course HDDs are still available in which case my answer will always be pick the cheapest thats not a scam.

But in my eyes anything above north of 6-8TB you might wanna consider external storage instead for data safety, preferably in a Network Attached Storage on separate circuit in the house. So in the case of sudden PSU ripple or similar worst case scenario that knocks off your PSU, you have a backup you can rely on instead of gambling your entire digital data.

Highlight and the forum will show you Quote Selection button. It does get janky on Android due to Chromium overzealous highlighting.

But yeah in these especially Solidworks and SPSS? Those Thread Director work magic so 13700K would be more favorable even if you do lose out on gaming.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock B760M PG Riptide Micro ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2607.83
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 12:31 EDT-0400

Thank you so much! Now im sorry for getting super picky, since my budget is pretty high, what could be added to the computer to get that little extra boost into gaming? And since 64 ram is not needed that is perfect. I am HORRIBLE with names. so honestly I have no idea what MX500 or 840 Evo means or even HDDs haha. Lets say high processing for data (like 3d engineering work and coding) with the ability to play games at very high FPS (I plan to get as my gaming monitor a zowie 360hz.)

Again thank you so much for these responses!

28 minutes ago, Ivery said:

would just sticking to water cooling be fine?

Also, I need to be able to crunch numbers quickly so having a "top of the line" cpu should be good right?

I don't know what VHPWR is could you go more in-depth with that?

What sort of case would you recommend as well? 

Also, ahhh cpu cooler? it says cpu cooler? What other parts do I add? Im honestly terrified to build one, but I got a 5k budget and can't do a prebuilt because its just way too much!

Would an I7 whatever the highest number be better than the i9? I really am concerned about upgrading in the future and being able to do my job.

I am fine with sticking with watercooling if I could simply "go for the best" with no worries of overheating.

Would getting a prebuilt on build redux (pic uploaded) just be better?

The data and math I have to process is a lot of numbers, but not workstation worthy but nears it.

image.png

If you're confident in the idea that building a PC isn't that hard, then I'd stick to doing it yourself. You can follow any of LTT's various build videos which'll fill in any gaps of knowledge/experience.

Regarding cases, it really comes down to what you value or prioritize. I'm quite the radical function > form type, so I have a Fractal Design North with the mesh side panel, being exactly the same size as a 4000D (I own one of those also).

image.png.4312e976a64f68d51503756d5431134d.png

This is a lot easier to build in than the 4000D, since this same setup was first in that case. The cable management cover/bracket is just inferior to FD's choice of a slant where the cable management holes are. But as you can see, its quite cramped, and is practically SFF for an RTX 4090, especially overclocked.

Thermodynamically, this case works for high end hardware, this system drawing in excess of 700W, but it took a lot of testing to figure out things like how those front fans are spaced, which matters a lot.

Its do-able in a 4000D, but its not going to be quiet without a lot of effort and skill, and you won't be able to run a large enough cooler in my opinion. You can't top mount a 280mm radiator without some creativity, and you can't mount a 360mm radiator without it interfering with the GPU both physically and thermally. 

Generally just going larger will increase the internal heat capacity and be more forgiving for errors in fan tuning/configuration. Something with a top mounted 360mm radiator support as a baseline. Something I wouldn't be apt to recommend any case in particular since it'll be something like a 5000D over other options, and its not going to 'look good' for most people.

Ryzen 7950x3D PBO +200MHz / -15mV curve CPPC in 'prefer cache'

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+1000

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

1 minute ago, Agall said:

If you're confident in the idea that building a PC isn't that hard, then I'd stick to doing it yourself. You can follow any of LTT's various build videos which'll fill in any gaps of knowledge/experience.

Regarding cases, it really comes down to what you value or prioritize. I'm quite the radical function > form type, so I have a Fractal Design North with the mesh side panel, being exactly the same size as a 4000D (I own one of those also).

image.png.4312e976a64f68d51503756d5431134d.png

This is a lot easier to build in than the 4000D, since this same setup was first in that case. The cable management cover/bracket is just inferior to FD's choice of a slant where the cable management holes are. But as you can see, its quite cramped, and is practically SFF for an RTX 4090, especially overclocked.

Thermodynamically, this case works for high end hardware, this system drawing in excess of 700W, but it took a lot of testing to figure out things like how those front fans are spaced, which matters a lot.

Its do-able in a 4000D, but its not going to be quiet without a lot of effort and skill, and you won't be able to run a large enough cooler in my opinion. You can't top mount a 280mm radiator without some creativity, and you can't mount a 360mm radiator without it interfering with the GPU both physically and thermally. 

Generally just going larger will increase the internal heat capacity and be more forgiving for errors in fan tuning/configuration. Something with a top mounted 360mm radiator support as a baseline. Something I wouldn't be apt to recommend any case in particular since it'll be something like a 5000D over other options, and its not going to 'look good' for most people.

thank you so much! 

To add, I had no idea what case I added haha. I also just discovered the like function or ssomething like that so ima use that haha. Thank you all for the help!

14 minutes ago, Ivery said:

what could be added to the computer to get that little extra boost into gaming?

Nope, none really. Adjusting RAM and Storage as nessesary is pretty much the MO after, but DDR5 right now cant do both high capacity and high speed so 64GB 6000C30 or 6400C32 can be hard to find at a reasonable price or even exist.

I am HORRIBLE with names

Let me help by linking things then.

Crucial MX500 SSD: https://www.crucial.com/products/ssd/crucial-mx500-ssd

Samsung 870 Evo (yeah, 840 is getting rarer): https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/internal-ssd/870evo/

For HDD, price varies from time to time. But generally Seagate Barracuda has been cheaper a lot of times.

https://www.seagate.com/products/hard-drives/barracuda-hard-drive/

(I plan to get as my gaming monitor a zowie 360hz.)

Shit on a stick then, go for AMD you have no other options because 1080p360 really needs a strong CPU to drive. Or go for 1440p on ULMB2 compatible monitor with nvidia GPU, it has a FAR BETTER visual clarity.

2 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Nope, none really. Adjusting RAM and Storage as nessesary is pretty much the MO after, but DDR5 right now cant do both high capacity and high speed so 64GB 6000C30 or 6400C32 can be hard to find at a reasonable price or even exist.

Alright thank you so much (no I did not figure out the quote thing I just deleted the rest of the post lmao)

Now as 1 last question, will this be able to run like valo csgo and apex at the reasonable fps. Apex 240, Valo 360, CSGO 360? Probably yes but I believe Valorant is CPU based not GPU so I am concerned over that. Again very competitive person so I am try harding to be the best. I know cringe but whatever.

Again thank you so bloody much!

8 minutes ago, SorryBella said:

Let me help by linking things then.

Crucial MX500 SSD: https://www.crucial.com/products/ssd/crucial-mx500-ssd

Samsung 870 Evo (yeah, 840 is getting rarer): https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/internal-ssd/870evo/

For HDD, price varies from time to time. But generally Seagate Barracuda has been cheaper a lot of times.

https://www.seagate.com/products/hard-drives/barracuda-hard-drive/

Ahh sorry 1 more question to add so sorry. Could I change  Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor to an i9? I know it a bit greedy but would that mess the money up (the entire build up?) the 2nd build you put in that doesn't have Ryzen

If you plan on streaming then do it right. One PC for work / gaming and a streaming PC so that you don't take a beating on frame rates. CAD + streaming scream Intel + Nvidia. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/quick-sync-video/quick-sync-video-general.html

Work / Gaming PC 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($51.19 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Blue 4 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  ($1099.00 @ B&H) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($92.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: *MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: *Asus ROG Strix XG27AQMR 27.0" 2560 x 1440 300 Hz Monitor  ($649.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3069.02
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 13:26 EDT-0400

A better look at those components.

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/27-to-31-5-inches/rog-strix-xg27aqmr/   

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A1000G-PCIE5  

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B760-GAMING-PLUS-WIFI 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230490/intel-core-i713700-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz/specifications.html 

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/AK620-High-Performance-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2021/13067.shtml  

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-4080-16GB-VENTUS-3X-OC 

Streaming PC

Use your gpu to stream with.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/  

Add this capture card to that build. You can find it on Amazon, Bestbuy, Newegg, etc ...

https://www.elgato.com/us/en/p/game-capture-4k60-pro  

Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2 $249.37

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.97 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($31.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B760-P WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: *Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: *Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Operating System: *Microsoft Windows 11 Home OEM - DVD 64-bit  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: *Gigabyte G24F 2 23.8" 1920 x 1080 180 Hz Monitor  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1174.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 13:52 EDT-0400

6 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

If you plan on streaming then do it right. One PC for work / gaming and a streaming PC so that you don't take a beating on frame rates. CAD + streaming scream Intel + Nvidia. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/architecture-and-technology/quick-sync-video/quick-sync-video-general.html

Work / Gaming PC 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i7-13700 2.1 GHz 16-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler  ($51.19 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: *MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: *G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory  ($107.89 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: *Western Digital Blue 4 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($199.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: *MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  ($1099.00 @ B&H) 
Case: *Lian Li LANCOOL 216 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($92.99 @ Adorama) 
Power Supply: *MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($149.99 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: *Asus ROG Strix XG27AQMR 27.0" 2560 x 1440 300 Hz Monitor  ($649.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $3069.02
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 13:26 EDT-0400

A better look at those components.

https://rog.asus.com/us/monitors/27-to-31-5-inches/rog-strix-xg27aqmr/   

https://lian-li.com/product/lancool-216/

https://www.msi.com/Power-Supply/MPG-A1000G-PCIE5  

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B760-GAMING-PLUS-WIFI 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/230490/intel-core-i713700-processor-30m-cache-up-to-5-20-ghz/specifications.html 

https://www.deepcool.com/products/Cooling/cpuaircoolers/AK620-High-Performance-CPU-Cooler-1700-AM5/2021/13067.shtml  

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Card/GeForce-RTX-4080-16GB-VENTUS-3X-OC 

Streaming PC

Use your gpu to stream with.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/guides/broadcasting-guide/  

Add this capture card to that build. You can find it on Amazon, Bestbuy, Newegg, etc ...

https://www.elgato.com/us/en/p/game-capture-4k60-pro  

Elgato 4K60 Pro MK.2 $249.37

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: *Intel Core i5-12400F 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.97 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: *Deepcool AK400 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler  ($31.98 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B760-P WIFI DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($159.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: *Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($62.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: *Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($49.99 @ B&H) 
Video Card: *Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4060 8 GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: *Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: *Corsair RM750e (2023) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($99.99 @ Best Buy) 
Monitor: *Gigabyte G24F 2 23.8" 1920 x 1080 180 Hz Monitor  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1174.87
Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-07-12 13:52 EDT-0400

yo thatss actually a fantastic idea. I have a pc with i7 a 1660 (idk the numbers and stuff) should I upgrade that graphics card and shoot for that work/gaming pc? 

Also, is an I9 really just not worth it? I don't mind getting it and doing something about the heating.

and I liked the monitor the other guy talked about the ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN. It feels worth. Not sure I would like your take on it if possible (the video kinda sold me)

7 minutes ago, Ivery said:

yo thatss actually a fantastic idea. I have a pc with i7 a 1660 (idk the numbers and stuff) should I upgrade that graphics card and shoot for that work/gaming pc? 

Also, is an I9 really just not worth it? I don't mind getting it and doing something about the heating.

and I liked the monitor the other guy talked about the ASUS ROG Swift 360Hz PG27AQN. It feels worth. Not sure I would like your take on it if possible (the video kinda sold me)

The 13 gen i9 is a hot and hungry power hog. The only thing it offers vs the i7 is four more e-cores and those tend to run hot under load.  The reason you want two PC's when you stream is if you stream with the PC that you're gaming on your frame rates will take a hit ... it will be comparable to swimming in quicksand.

2 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

The 13 gen i9 is a hot and hungry power hog. The only thing it offers vs the i7 is four more e-cores and those tend to run hot under load.  The reason you want two PC's when you stream is if you stream with the PC that you're gaming on your frame rates will take a hit ... it will be comparable to swimming in quicksand.

oohhh alright about the i9

but I mean I get the work/gaming pc since I need it but all I gotta do is upgrade the graphics card a bit on my current pc. I think it would stay under 4k as well which would be nice. i7 12700k (I just remembered) with a GTX 1660 would that be fine with no upgrade or no? (for streaming PC)

1 minute ago, Ivery said:

oohhh alright about the i9

but I mean I get the work/gaming pc since I need it but all I gotta do is upgrade the graphics card a bit on my current pc. I think it would stay under 4k as well which would be nice. i7 12700k (I just remembered) with a GTX 1660 would that be fine with no upgrade or no? (for streaming PC)

You could do that or just switch out that psu in the work / gaming pc with an 850W psu + 4070 Ti which would still give you a boatload of frame rates for the games you play. As far as streaming goes the 1660 will work .. the 40XX cards give you an advantage of being the only cards on the market that support all the codecs for youtube, twitch and facebook gaming.

11 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

the 40XX cards give you an advantage of being the only cards on the market that support all the codecs for youtube, twitch and facebook gaming.

what do you mean? Sorry its like I barely know the ABCs of tech, but I know building a PC is cheaper and I don't wanna hold back. I love gaming and computers but know nothing!