Video Editing / Gaming Build for 3500€ from Europe

Budget (including currency): Euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video Editing & Gaming few times per month

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey community,

It's time to get a completely new PC in the next 2 weeks and here is what I was looking for and for what I need.

Video editing is something that is key point for this PC and sometimes playing a match or two of FPS games like Counter-Strike or Warzone.

I'm buying a PC in Europe
 so my default store for searching components is https://www.mindfactory.de/ since they have most of the parts, cheaper than most of the competitors and they are of course in Europe (Germany).

My budget is around 3500€ +- 200/300€ should not be a problem but I would love to get under 3500€ or even cheaper.

Here is what I've built so far:

MOBO: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card --> Not sure if 4090 is worth of upgrading or not?
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6400 CL32 Memory
SSD: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
SSD: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
PS: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply --> Good Enough? Or should change with anything else?
Case: missing, I totally have no clue which one should I grab..feel free to give suggestions. ATX Mid Tower should be fine for it?
Case vents: 3x ARCTIC Case Fan BioniX P120

Edit: Two monitors will come after but I'm planning on 4k, IPS. Waiting for the best price since it skyrocket. Do I need G-Sync or does not matter?

As I said, I'm not a professional video editor (yet) but I'm fully into it.
If there is any part overpowered and some part that is not good enough and should be upgraded, let me know.

Thanks

I would buy DDR4 RAM @4000 MHz CL16 because it is cheaper and the same performance.

Good Enough? Or should change with anything else?

Maybe buy a Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000W

Your build can consume much energy so it is better to have the platinum rating (for a cheaper price).

And Super Flower usually uses Japanese caps and it should be a very reliable brand.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

2 minutes ago, The Hope said:

I would buy DDR4 RAM @4000 MHz CL16 because it is cheaper and the same performance.

Maybe buy a Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 1000W

Your build can consume much energy so it is better to have the platinum rating (for a cheaper price).

And Super Flower usually uses Japanese caps and it should be a very reliable brand.

Thanks,

Here is another build from another forum that one guy suggested.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/p23md9

Changing Motherboard, lowering RAM and changing PS just like you.

Looks littlebit better, right? 🙂

7 minutes ago, UncleJ said:

Thanks,

Asus TUF Gaming GT502 ATX Mid Tower Case is a nice case in terms of looks and features but it doesn't cool very well.

I would search for a case with better cooling performance.

OS: FreeBSD 13.3  WM: bspwm  Hardware: Intel 12600KF -- Kingston dual-channel CL36 @6200 -- Sapphire RX 7600 -- BIOSTAR B760MZ-E PRO -- Antec P6 -- Xilence XP550 -- ARCTIC i35 -- EVO 850 500GB

3 minutes ago, The Hope said:

Asus TUF Gaming GT502 ATX Mid Tower Case is a nice case in terms of looks and features but it doesn't cool very well.

I would search for a case with better cooling performance.

I'm also not happy with case. (I'm more into aesthetic :D)

Can you suggest some?

Or should I just take a look at few brends any model...like Fractal Design Meshify 2, Lian Li Lancool 216, Corsair Airflow 4000D or 5000D...

Thanks

4 minutes ago, UncleJ said:

I'm also not happy with case. (I'm more into aesthetic :D)

Can you suggest some?

Or should I just take a look at few brends any model...like Fractal Design Meshify 2, Lian Li Lancool 216, Corsair Airflow 4000D or 5000D...

Thanks

You can see if you like a case that scores well in the following performance tests:

thermal-performance-gpu-load.png

thermal-performance-m2-load.png

thermal-performance-chipset-load.png

2 hours ago, UncleJ said:

Budget (including currency): Euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Video Editing & Gaming few times per month

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Hey community,

It's time to get a completely new PC in the next 2 weeks and here is what I was looking for and for what I need.

Video editing is something that is key point for this PC and sometimes playing a match or two of FPS games like Counter-Strike or Warzone.

I'm buying a PC in Europe
 so my default store for searching components is https://www.mindfactory.de/ since they have most of the parts, cheaper than most of the competitors and they are of course in Europe (Germany).

My budget is around 3500€ +- 200/300€ should not be a problem but I would love to get under 3500€ or even cheaper.

Here is what I've built so far:

MOBO: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard
CPU: Intel Core i9-13900K 3 GHz 24-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
GPU: MSI SUPRIM X GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card --> Not sure if 4090 is worth of upgrading or not?
PS: SeaSonic FOCUS GX 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply --> Good Enough? Or should change with anything else?
Case: missing, I totally have no clue which one should I grab..feel free to give suggestions. ATX Mid Tower should be fine for it?
Case vents: 3x ARCTIC Case Fan BioniX P120

Edit: Two monitors will come after but I'm planning on 4k, IPS. Waiting for the best price since it skyrocket. Do I need G-Sync or does not matter?

As I said, I'm not a professional video editor (yet) but I'm fully into it.
If there is any part overpowered and some part that is not good enough and should be upgraded, let me know.

Thanks

It works although I would look at a Lain Li Lancool 3 and 420 AIO.

8 minutes ago, UncleJ said:

Thanks,

Hello, I was unable to find the RAM with your specified store as well as the PSU.

I was however able to put together a build list for you that is lower than your budget and it all comes from the store you want. To get the price so low I lowered the CPU to an i7 13700K. It will do just fine if you plan on Gaming and Rendering Video at the same time. Also 128GB of RAM would not be stable. So far only 64GB at certain Speeds are acceptable. 6000MHz CL30-CL32 is recommended for both Intel 13th Gen and AM5 Ryzen. DDR5 RAM is still a bit new and it does still have problems at certain Speeds. I don't know when there will be a fix for this but as long as you stay inside the Speed limits then you will be just fine and I don't think you would see a difference anyway, most people can't and you are only sacrificing 2-5 FPS.

Also the PC Case that I picked will not require any extra Fans as it has 3 RGB Fans in the Mesh Front Panel and a regular Fan in the Rear of the Case. The AIO that I picked will go on Top of the PC Case. Also the PSU I have has the new 16-Pin Power Connector for the 4080 GPU so you will not have to use an adapter.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/McXY6r

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€445.95 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 RGB 78.02 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€217.98 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€286.54 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€243.78 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.00 @ Mindfactory)
Storage: Western Digital Black SN850X 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€119.00 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  (€1336.95 @ Mindfactory)
Case: NZXT H7 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€148.97 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€229.59 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €3147.76

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

6 minutes ago, The Hope said:

You can see if you like a case that scores well in the following performance tests:

thermal-performance-gpu-load.png

thermal-performance-m2-load.png

thermal-performance-chipset-load.png

Thank you. Will check it out.

7 minutes ago, Why_Me said:

Knowing the country helps (no the EU is not a country) seeing how every EU country has its own VAT and available components.

Yes, you are right. EU is not the country, so lets pick Germany if I need to. But I can fix the VAT with using shipping services. I'm from Croatia where VAT is 25% but all parts are 30-40% more expensive than anywhere else. So Germany, Austria, Portugal, Spain, Poland, Netherlands... anything works out.

Thanks

10 minutes ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello, I was unable to find the RAM with your specified store as well as the PSU.

I was however able to put together a build list for you that is lower than your budget and it all comes from the store you want. To get the price so low I lowered the CPU to an i7 13700K. It will do just fine if you plan on Gaming and Rendering Video at the same time. Also 128GB of RAM would not be stable. So far only 64GB at certain Speeds are acceptable. 6000MHz CL30-CL32 is recommended for both Intel 13th Gen and AM5 Ryzen. DDR5 RAM is still a bit new and it does still have problems at certain Speeds. I don't know when there will be a fix for this but as long as you stay inside the Speed limits then you will be just fine and I don't think you would see a difference anyway, most people can't and you are only sacrificing 2-5 FPS.

Also the PC Case that I picked will not require any extra Fans as it has 3 RGB Fans in the Mesh Front Panel and a regular Fan in the Rear of the Case. The AIO that I picked will go on Top of the PC Case. Also the PSU I have has the new 16-Pin Power Connector for the 4080 GPU so you will not have to use an adapter.

I have been building PCs for 30 years so if you have any questions please ask.

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/McXY6r

CPU: Intel Core i7-13700K 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor  (€445.95 @ Mindfactory)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken 360 RGB 78.02 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€217.98 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€286.54 @ Mindfactory)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  (€243.78 @ Mindfactory)
Video Card: MSI VENTUS 3X OC GeForce RTX 4080 16 GB Video Card  (€1336.95 @ Mindfactory)
Case: NZXT H7 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  (€148.97 @ Mindfactory)
Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power 12 1200 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€229.59 @ Mindfactory)
Total: €3147.76

Thank you very much for help.

Do you think it's worth upgrading GPU to 4090 and to a different motherboard like ASRock Z790 PG-ITX/TB4 Mini ITX LGA1700? (https://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/ASrock-Z790-Phantom-Gaming-ITX-TB4-DDR5-So-1700-retail_1471167.html)

It's prime day right now in Amazon.de so I can also take SSD on discount:

Samsung 990 PRO 2TB for 138 eur

or

WD BLACK SN850X 4TB for 250eur.

Thank you.

While using two 2x32GB memory kits will usually work well with DDR4, it is unlikely going to produce reliable or expected results with DDR5. At least not until the manufacturing process matures.

The motherboard memory QVL list has no G.Skill DDR5-6400 memory kits qualified for 4 slots. Probably because G.Skill doesn't offer any 4x32GB DDR5-6400 memory kits.

If you must have 128GB of memory, use DDR4. Otherwise consider a single 2x48GB kit or 2x32GB kit.

The Samsung 990 Pro has better performance than the SN850X.

Consider an 850W PSU that has native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU. You can consult https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/ for good choices.

It's on the expensive side, but consider the Meshify 2 XL. The Lancool III could also be considered.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

11 hours ago, brob said:

While using two 2x32GB memory kits will usually work well with DDR4, it is unlikely going to produce reliable or expected results with DDR5. At least not until the manufacturing process matures.

The motherboard memory QVL list has no G.Skill DDR5-6400 memory kits qualified for 4 slots. Probably because G.Skill doesn't offer any 4x32GB DDR5-6400 memory kits.

If you must have 128GB of memory, use DDR4. Otherwise consider a single 2x48GB kit or 2x32GB kit.

The Samsung 990 Pro has better performance than the SN850X.

Consider an 850W PSU that has native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU. You can consult https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/ for good choices.

It's on the expensive side, but consider the Meshify 2 XL. The Lancool III could also be considered.

So, what you want to say is that is not worth to upgrade to DDR5 or I just need to careful that I pick the right RAM from QVL list that Motherboard approved?

For PSU my choice will be: be quiet! Dark Power 13 1000 W 80+ Titanium

thanks.

2 hours ago, UncleJ said:

So, what you want to say is that is not worth to upgrade to DDR5 or I just need to careful that I pick the right RAM from QVL list that Motherboard approved?

Not what I said. DDR5 has lots of advantages but at the moment populating 128GB is difficult. 

At higher speeds, using DDR5 memory qualified for the motherboard is  prudent.

8 hours ago, brob said:

Not what I said. DDR5 has lots of advantages but at the moment populating 128GB is difficult. 

At higher speeds, using DDR5 memory qualified for the motherboard is  prudent.

Okay. Thanks.

And, what about Motherboard? And particular brand or even model would you suggest to me?

So far I was looking at many of it. 

Gigabyte Z790 Aero G - thunderbolt header with pcie 5.0 for m.2, but lack of quality (as reddit says)
MSI MPG Z790 Carbon WIFI - good replacement for Gigabyte but most expensive (
ASrock Z790 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 DDR5 So.1700 retail - suggested byuser on another forum
MSi Z790 Tomahawk - cheapest

1 hour ago, UncleJ said:

Okay. Thanks.

And, what about Motherboard? And particular brand or even model would you suggest to me?

So far I was looking at many of it. 

Gigabyte Z790 Aero G - thunderbolt header with pcie 5.0 for m.2, but lack of quality (as reddit says)
MSI MPG Z790 Carbon WIFI - good replacement for Gigabyte but most expensive (
ASrock Z790 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4 DDR5 So.1700 retail - suggested byuser on another forum
MSi Z790 Tomahawk - cheapest

The Z790 Tomahawk is a good, well priced motherboard. If it has the features you need it would be my choice. 

An alternative would be https://www.asus.com/ca-en/motherboards-components/motherboards/prime/prime-z790-a-wifi/. Asus is in the doghouse at the moment for some issues with AMD motherboards, none the less they generally make good products and have a very nice BIOS.