Microsoft Edge not refocusing after Alt+Tab when viewing fullscreen content.

wyattzx

Hey all.

I posted about this on reddit beforehand, but after an hour of no reply, I figured this was my best shot. It's been a long time since last I posted here, so forgive me if my etiquette isn't up to par. I took a look at the guidelines for troubleshooting, so hopefully I don't neglect anything.

My hardware

Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (Latest Update)
Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 (Latest Drivers)
RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ballistic 3200MHz
CPU: AMD R9 5950X
Microsoft Edge: Version 114.0.1823.67 (Official build) (64-bit)

I am running Ublock Origin, Reddit Enhancement Suite & Bitwarden as my only extensions; turning all of these off does not affect the behavior.

The issue

When viewing fullscreen content in Microsoft Edge, any time I Alt+Tab away from the content and back into it, the media in question will not respond to input; play/pause, fast-forward/rewind; escape, etc. I have to manually click on the window to return it to "focus" and resume as normal. If I Alt+Tab away and return, the issue resumes.

This is not an issue on Mozilla Firefox, as I have just tested and determined. I have uninstalled the latest Cumulative Update preview from June 28th, but this did not resolve the issue.

Is this simply a bug with Microsoft Edge that needs to be addressed? Do other users have a similar issue?

Damn, I was hoping at least for others to corroborate the issue on their end, but it seems like this may just be on my end?