Soundbar Options

I'm planning on getting a basic soundbar to improve the sound quality of my TCL TV. I'm not too worried about surround speakers (mainly because of the price) but I wanted something where I could get better directionality of the speakers and clearer dialogue. I've gone through some of the threads here and have watched Linus' videos but I still have no idea what's good in my price range. I'm waiting for prime day to make any kind of decision but currently I'm looking at the following two sound bars.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BRQDVD8K?redirectFromSmile=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0797MY6JB/?redirectFromSmile=1

I'm hoping to keep the price as close to $100 as possible. Are there any suggestions of good sound bars I could look into?

4 hours ago, Ureikoinu said:

better directionality of the speakers and clearer dialogue.

Dedicated speakers are the best for this wish. There's a lack of directionality when it comes to a bar of tiny woofers. At least for the front stage that is. There won't be enough side to side movement. It's like one speaker alone as it's too close together. That is if you sit at a longer distance away.

While the marketing claims soundwaves bouncing around. It really isn't effective in most conditions. I tried it once for virtual 5.1 and now I have native 5.1 and since upgraded to have Dolby atmos!

My experience will not be matched by any soundbars on the planet! People often try to argue they're fantastic! They just never compared the two!

I hope this helps.

55 minutes ago, sm1th5 said:

Dedicated speakers are the best for this wish. There's a lack of directionality when it comes to a bar of tiny woofers. At least for the front stage that is. There won't be enough side to side movement. It's like one speaker alone as it's too close together. That is if you sit at a longer distance away.

I'm in a small apartment so I'm not seated too far from the TV. The directionality problem is really only because my TV's speakers are behind the TV. This is what makes it hard to distinguish the dialogue sometimes. It's also really uncomfortable considering my bed is on the other side of the wall.

The Sony S100F soundbar is a good budget choice.

I think bundled subwoofers in these budget systems (like the Samsung one you mentioned) sound like absolute garbage. Waste of money.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

On 7/9/2023 at 1:56 PM, Ureikoinu said:

I'm in a small apartment so I'm not seated too far from the TV. The directionality problem is really only because my TV's speakers are behind the TV. This is what makes it hard to distinguish the dialogue sometimes. It's also really uncomfortable considering my bed is on the other side of the wall.

My bed is also opposite the television. 

Don't bring room dimensions into play here. This isn't relevant. 

I use Dolby atmos in my bedroom and have great dirctionality. I can pinpoint where the sounds are coming from.

I have a chair in front of my bed to watch television. Perhaps you can try this too.

If i can have a Dolby atmos setup with actual speakers and a svs pb 1000 pro subwoofer. 

You can too in your room.

If you aren't capable of helping yourself. Ask yourself how anyone would be able to help you.

I'm not playing games here and don't wish to provide you with a poor setup that bars of tiny woofers provide.

2 hours ago, sm1th5 said:

If you aren't capable of helping yourself. Ask yourself how anyone would be able to help you.

I'm not playing games here and don't wish to provide you with a poor setup that bars of tiny woofers provide.

OP only has a $100 budget and is only looking to improve dialogue clarity. Dolby Atmos is out of the question, and irrelevant to the main topic.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |