How Can I Build a Simple Water Manometer (and test fans with it)?

Holy crap, manometers are expensive AND most are not made for fan testing, especially at low pressure (according to manufacturers I've asked), or else they require a special dual-chamber testing unit, which is massively expensive to buy.cooling-fan-double-chamber-measuring-dev

I'm sure LonGwin (yes, that's how THEY type it, which makes sense since it's a Chinese, not American, company) has something like that.

A simple water manometer, Yellow Jacket 78075 Water Manometer Made of a Durable Plastic, is $56!

So, given that I'm horribly short on space at this point, and I'm going to have a 33" long noise-dampening chamber on my table, I don't need another box on top of that, so I want to make my own water manometer. Can anyone tell me how or point me to the clearest possible instructions on how to make it cheaply with plastic (cuz I'll definitely break it if it's glass)?

Thank yoU!

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀

This is a pretty solid guide

5950X/3080Ti primary rig聽 |聽 1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers聽 |聽 200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

7 hours ago, OddOod said:

This is a pretty solid guide

Fantastic! That's a great guide, and I can't imagine that it'll cost much money.

How do I connect the fans? I assume I'll need a frame and a reducer of some kind. There's the added complication of open/closed chassis, in the worst sense for open where it's not a perfect square but has lobes for the corners and a round frame. I think I'm also going to need some way to ensure that the reducer doesn't distort the results. Suggestions?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 馃槈 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.馃お馃槀