LTT Backback

Mazhall

I’m starting college soon, and I was looking at getting the ltt backpack for the quality of it alone. But I was wondering how well it would work for college, books, supplies, folders etc. Should I spend the money for this or get something cheaper? 

Maybe spend a few weeks in college before you spend $250 on a luxury backpack. You'll understand the things you need to carry between classes.

Get yourself a basic, trendy Herschel backpack. 😬

Are you going to be on-campus or commuting? If you're on-campus, a little messenger bag would get the job done.

Commuting? Okay get a big-ass backpack.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

1 hour ago, saintlouisbagels said:

Maybe spend a few weeks in college before you spend $250 on a luxury backpack. You'll understand the things you need to carry between classes.

Get yourself a basic, trendy Herschel backpack. 😬

Are you going to be on-campus or commuting? If you're on-campus, a little messenger bag would get the job done.

Commuting? Okay get a big-ass backpack.

I 2nd this, my current backpack was fine for small commutes & school. didn't require anything bigger, I only started looking into the LTT when I needed something more for my big commutes. ~2.5h each way

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

6 hours ago, Mazhall said:

I’m starting college soon, and I was looking at getting the ltt backpack for the quality of it alone. But I was wondering how well it would work for college, books, supplies, folders etc. Should I spend the money for this or get something cheaper? 

I would advise against it at first and go with a cheap backpack that suits your needs - the LTT backpack is on the larger side and I would more recommend it for travel than I do for everyday carry. The "quality" is good but so is the quality of a lot of other backpacks. I don't think I've ever had a backpack "fail" on me - so the quality isn't the main reason to buy the LTT bag in my mind. 

It's just a bit too large for your average carry - you'll probably want something smaller that fits in more spaces and easier to get around with. No knock against the LTT bag but I've found it's too big for something to carry with me on a regular basis. I've restricted it as my "travel" bag now when I go for trips and want the extra space. 

Also in college I wouldn't expect you to need to carry a ton of books at once - usually you just carry the books you need for that day or class.