Headset microphone detecting everything but voice

I recently got a custom built computer for my kid. The port for the headphones is working perfectly and I plugged his speakers into it. As for his mic, he uses his headset as his main mic because we currently can't afford to buy him a real mic (just for now). If you're wondering the headset is a Razer Kraken headset. The problem is that the headset is recognized as a mic but no sound is picked up from it except for background noises such as: hitting the desk, whenever the headset bangs against something or his chair moving around. Basically it picks up everything but his voice. We've tested it out with another mic and another pair of earbuds, the same thing happens. How can I get his headset to pick up his voice?

Make sure the headset isn't muted via a physical switch

Try a different microphone port, and that its actually in a microphone port

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 hour ago, teena_davis said:

I recently got a custom built computer for my kid. The port for the headphones is working perfectly and I plugged his speakers into it. As for his mic, he uses his headset as his main mic because we currently can't afford to buy him a real mic (just for now). If you're wondering the headset is a Razer Kraken headset. The problem is that the headset is recognized as a mic but no sound is picked up from it except for background noises such as: hitting the desk, whenever the headset bangs against something or his chair moving around. Basically it picks up everything but his voice. We've tested it out with another mic and another pair of earbuds, the same thing happens. How can I get his headset to pick up his voice?

if port and plug are dirt, or loose or wire is damaged, it can cause issues.

I suspect wire mgiht be damaged or plug is dirty, or not fully connected, then faded voices might happen with static, and weird noises.

I currently have issues with MOD mic5 wire seems to be damaged in mine, when I move it carefully mic works again.

But if you have clear audio but it just picks up everything apart from his voice, that's weird. Never heard or experienced this.

If that's the case I think I can't help you.

If  you experience static noise,  and your audio driver has AI noise reduction, turn that on, it eliminates noise.

The mic sensitivity might be too high, causing it to peak. The Razer video shows how to solve that. but it usually is turned at lowest by default.