Looking for a Windows Image backup solution!!!

WannaMurderMicrosoft

So after my latest discovery that Microsoft's Windows Image Backup won't restore on a corrupted Windows installation or an empty drive I'm looking for an alternative backup method.

This website claims that R-Drive is their favorite. And for R-Drive alone they say that it can be mounted as a VHD which is critical. I don't know if the rest can be mounted or not.

https://www.pcworld.com/article/407021/best-windows-backup-software.html

So I downloaded the R-drive, it doesn't have a direct "backup system image" option but i created a backup of the "system drive" the "uefi system partition" and the "windows recovery partition" and it is true that they could be mounted using VHD.

But when I restored them to a different drive it did not boot!

I don't know if I did something wrong.

Which other programs can make system backups from the Windows environment that can be mounted and actually work?!

56 minutes ago, WannaMurderMicrosoft said:

Which other programs can make system backups from the Windows environment that can be mounted and actually work?!

I use NovaBACKUP for both back up and creating a system image.  I have critical files that have to be backed up daily and this program does both local and Amazon cloud backup without any issues.  I have it programmed to also do a monthly system image which I fortunately have never had to use.  It creates a bootable USB drive that is used to do the OS drive repair.  I've validated that it boots into the program to mount the OS.  The price is pretty reasonable and they regularly update the program and have good support.

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10

4 hours ago, Alan G said:

I use NovaBACKUP for both back up and creating a system image.  I have critical files that have to be backed up daily and this program does both local and Amazon cloud backup without any issues.  I have it programmed to also do a monthly system image which I fortunately have never had to use.  It creates a bootable USB drive that is used to do the OS drive repair.  I've validated that it boots into the program to mount the OS.  The price is pretty reasonable and they regularly update the program and have good support.

Well it seems legit and it has VHDX.

Assuming that the restore process works of course...

I'll give it some thought.

Thanks.