I want to use an old Wraith prism, but I can't find any data on the RGB and how to control it.

I have an old Wraith Prism laying around and I want to use it in an Arduino type project. And I want to be able to adjust the RGB in it, but I can't find anywhere what pins or what protocol to use for any of it.
Everything online just says to install the software on my PC and plug it into the USB port, but I can't do that on an Arduino.
The LEDs seem to be addressable, so they must do some form of standardized protocol and pin layout...
Does anyone have a datasheet for how I could possibly connect and control the LEDs?

7 minutes ago, The_butsmuts said:

plug it into the USB port

then its a usb controller that requires software to work , not rgb pins

If the LEDs themselves are addressable then look at how many pins they utilize. If it's a 3-pin interface then they're most likely going to be WS2812b LEDs (or some variant) which utilize a fairly trivial timing-based protocol to encode bits or they're going to be APA102C LEDS (or some variant) if they're 4 wire. The APA102Cs simply utilize a signal and clock which can be served by any SPI port (although that port can be used as a part of a larger bus because the APA102Cs don't utilize chip selects.)

This obviously involves taking the cooler apart and directly tapping into the LEDs and bypassing the cooler's control circuitry. As far as utilizing the USB as is...bust out Wireshark and start reverse-engineering their protocol by looking at the USB frame data. 

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

10 hours ago, emosun said:

then its a usb controller that requires software to work , not rgb pins

I mean it has both a 4 port USB interface on it, and a 3 pin RGB in. So it has both options, any documentation says to use either the USB with their software, or the RGB pins on the Mobo (but this option is supposedly very limited, so everyone says to do the USB one)

9 hours ago, trag1c said:

If the LEDs themselves are addressable then look at how many pins they utilize. If it's a 3-pin interface then they're most likely going to be WS2812b LEDs (or some variant) which utilize a fairly trivial timing-based protocol to encode bits or they're going to be APA102C LEDS (or some variant) if they're 4 wire. The APA102Cs simply utilize a signal and clock which can be served by any SPI port (although that port can be used as a part of a larger bus because the APA102Cs don't utilize chip selects.)

This obviously involves taking the cooler apart and directly tapping into the LEDs and bypassing the cooler's control circuitry. As far as utilizing the USB as is...bust out Wireshark and start reverse-engineering their protocol by looking at the USB frame data. 

hhmmmm yeah, there is a 3-pin RGB header broken out already that's supposed to plug into the Mobo, but taking it apart and just ignoring or studying the control circuitry is a smart thing to do. Thank you