my XPG 1Tb NVMe, isnt being detected by signal RGB.

it was beeing detected and appearing in My Rig, Layouts and Devices, but it just stopped all of a sudden while all the other devices and layouts remained the same.

i havent changed any of the settings ot added new components in my pc, or messed with any technical settings, hardware or drivers. 

please help

the NVMe, is now in rainbow mode as default

20230629_004129c.jpg

This can be caused by a number of things. Did you read that enabling RGB control can slow down your NVMe drive ? So, if you changed anything in drive configuration, drive speed, PCIe lanes allocation, or any Signal or Windows update, this can be the cause. The RGB control hardware in the drive is unlikely to be defective so I'd check these other causes.

2 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

This can be caused by a number of things. Did you read that enabling RGB control can slow down your NVMe drive ? So, if you changed anything in drive configuration, drive speed, PCIe lanes allocation, or any Signal or Windows update, this can be the cause. The RGB control hardware in the drive is unlikely to be defective so I'd check these other causes.

This particular nvme has a built in heatsink and rgb, I didnt install the software to control the rgb or even check if it exists. 

It was working fine until recently, I mainly have led fans and rams, nothing else no additional led strips or anything. 

And I did not change any configuration at all. ( idk anything about configuration or anything nor have I played with any settings. Other the the gpu for unreal 5 rendering)

Mainly my concern is the rainbow p**k.

All the LEDs have the same color (I'm using the audio visualizer. In signal rgb), it mainly remains blue unless I'm playing music or watch videos, and very rarely play games on it.

Other then that its remains blue all the time.

I also got a SSD with addressable leds from XPG. You can go on ADATA's website and download an utility to control the leds (or integrate them with other led control software like Aura or Mystic lights)

I don't know why Signal was able to control your SSD leds before, but an automatic update may have changed the behavior and now you require additional software.

Good luck !

2 hours ago, Sawa Takahashi said:

I also got a SSD with addressable leds from XPG. You can go on ADATA's website and download an utility to control the leds (or integrate them with other led control software like Aura or Mystic lights)

I don't know why Signal was able to control your SSD leds before, but an automatic update may have changed the behavior and now you require additional software.

Good luck !

Thank you very much, I'll looked for adata today. And true I have no clue how it happened either. It just happened on it's own, but. In the app, the nvme was being recognized but as a "ram". And now I cant find that in the rig.

I hope adata will help signal to recognize the nvme 

no luck , it didnt work at all . the m.2 is till on rainbow P**K

I just got a look at Signal's website and the XPG SSD's are not listed in the supported list, only the RAM modules.

I don't know how it was synced before, but it seems that it was not even supposed to be in the first place 😞

On 7/1/2023 at 9:03 AM, Sawa Takahashi said:

I just got a look at Signal's website and the XPG SSD's are not listed in the supported list, only the RAM modules.

I don't know how it was synced before, but it seems that it was not even supposed to be in the first place 😞

yea thats true maybe cause of the update this happpened? idk