Some weeks ago I setup my new PC with following specs:

PSU: 1200 Watt bequiet

CPU: Core i9 13900k

MB: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 4090

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-5600 CL36

MSI AiO MEG CoreLiquid S360

And i use two nvme ssd with 1 and 2 TB

I run my system mostly dual monitor with two 27" 4k monitors, but for games I sometimes turn one monitor off because I thought it would maybe improve the fps? Idk

So let me begin:

Recently I purchased F1 23 and ingame I got 65-140 FPS, but I constantly get FPS-Drops and stuttering to like 30 FPS or sometimes even 2-10 FPS, so the game literally stands still.

My first thought: New game, maybe needs some work from the developers, so I started F1 22 and got sadly the same issues. Stuttering all the time so its really not playable.

I'm not a techie, so hopefully anyone of you can help me?

I even reinstalled windows new, used DDU to delete all old gpu drivers and so on but I still get this issues.

In this moment I was close to "try some overclocking" but to be honest I dont see a reason why I would need to overclock my system..

Maybe it helps to say that my CPU usage while racing chills around 16%, gpu in between 40% and 60% depends on DLSS, FPS like I said at 120, 130, 140 fps but the "99% FPS" jumps around crazy from 30 fps, 70 fps, 9 fps, 24 fps and so on; its really annoying and I dont know what to do and how to fix it.

I went to energy saving plan and set it to ultimate but that changed nothing really.

It would be great if anyone could help me get rid of this stuttering and fps drops.

Did you unplug the second monitor and reboot? Or just power it off?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, bezza... said:

is rt on?

Yes it is and I know F1 23 got some problems but like I said, I get the same stuttering and drops in F1 22

Just now, SirVanDalism said:

Yes it is and I know F1 23 got some problems but like I said, I get the same stuttering and drops in F1 22

Do they go away if you turn rt off?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Two usual suspects are the onboard LAN chip and USB polling rate.

If you're not using the onboard LAN, disable it.

If your USB polling rate is 1000+ drop it to 500.

Also, run HWINFO and take a screenie of the sensors page after playing for a few minutes. Post here. 

A second monitor should have minimal impact on performance as long as you don't play another game on it. Even playing a youtube video should use only a small fraction of a 4090's graphics power....

I remember that some MSI AIO can have issues with their pump. Maybe you should use HWinfo or HWmonitor to see if all your temps are correct ? An overheating CPU would slows your computer down too.

Also, if you wanna test at 1080p, you can always define the resolution of your monitors to 1920x1080 in Windows display settings and see what FPS you get. This would require way less power from your GPU. Then you'll know if the GPU is the limiting factor.

First I would go to windows start folder and make sure you do not have apps that load on boot. No need for them and most simply try to phone home so to speak for possible updates etc. Just disable everything except windows defender.

Also in windows setting go to game mode and set to enabled as that shut downs any processes that are not needed and running in the background.

it sounds like something software related is busy interrupting the game.

And if you have by any cheace installed some 3rd part app for malware I advise you disable or remove it. Windows Defender is pretty dammed good. Not had an issue for many years now.

And finally with DDU did you uninstall then reboot first before reinstalling the GPU drivers? reboot after DDU is needed.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Did you unplug the second monitor and reboot? Or just power it off?

Good idea, normaly I just turn it off while my system runs.

I'll try that out.

But are there any settings I need to change or anything to take full usage of my CPU?

I mean its not like I get stable 144 FPS (my monitors are 144 Hz) but stuttering and drops, i do not even get round about 144 fps..

Is it too much to expect? I just dont know

Some other idea was maybe my pc dont get enough power through the power outlet of the wall but i really dont know

7 minutes ago, SirVanDalism said:

Good idea, normaly I just turn it off while my system runs.

I'll try that out.

But are there any settings I need to change or anything to take full usage of my CPU?

I mean its not like I get stable 144 FPS (my monitors are 144 Hz) but stuttering and drops, i do not even get round about 144 fps..

Some other idea was maybe my pc dont get enough power through the power outlet of the wall but i really dont know

Do you have gsynch or freesynch on that monitor?

12 minutes ago, SirVanDalism said:

Given the amount of money you spent to get that top spec computer.... probably yes ?

Ok wow, its like magic: now it works.

I uninstalled avira, I rebooted my pc with only one monitor and now I could race 3 rounds without any problem.

Like @Bombastinator said I turned RT off and got kinda stable 144fps, with RT on still above 70/80 fps.

It was just couple rounds but it made me kinda happy tbh

As mentioned I recorded with HWinfo while game was running and I will definetly upload the excel sheet but its in german so I guess its not very helpful..?

HWinfo.xlsx

3 hours ago, SirVanDalism said:

I uninstalled avira, I rebooted my pc with only one monitor and now I could race 3 rounds without any problem.

Like @Bombastinator said I turned RT off and got kinda stable 144fps, with RT on still above 70/80 fps.

As mentioned I recorded with HWinfo while game was running and I will definetly upload the excel sheet but its in german so I guess its not very helpful..?

HWinfo.xlsx 665.51 kB · 1 download

That was sort of @bezza... really s/he was the one that mentioned rt first. Mine was the monitor thing.  With rt I was thinking more specifically about the coding of the game.  It might just not have very good rt coding. Each of these is putting less and less stress on your gpu.  Each time it’s better and better but still not solved.    I wonder if you’ve got a cooling impingement regarding the gpu.  Are any of the fan holes partially blocked by another card?

Not really, they are all spinning while gaming..

Here is a picture of it:

The cable is right between two fans, you can see it because of these 3 rgb lights each fan "projects" to the bottom.

20230628_122728.jpg

14 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That was sort of @bezza... really s/he was the one that mentioned rt first. Mine was the monitor thing.  With rt I was thinking more specifically about the coding of the game.  It might just not have very good rt coding. Each of these is putting less and less stress on your gpu.  Each time it’s better and better but still not solved.    I wonder if you’ve got a cooling impingement regarding the gpu.  Are any of the fan holes partially blocked by another card?

See above

Honestly all of you helped me so so much, thank you all.

I was kinda down because of the bad performance and now i finally can enjoy this game and other games as well.

I hope all of you will have a wonderful day, thank you all!!

20230628_125501.jpg

19 hours ago, SirVanDalism said:

HWinfo.xlsx 665.51 kB · 2 downloads

Deutsche is no problem. Temps look great. Voltages look good. 

Another thing you can do is run GPU Z in the background while you game. It will give you information about the graphics card, in particular temps, voltages, and throttling reason. It can help solve performance issues. 

Looks like you’re happy with things now, so enjoy!