nothing is powering on pls help

Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

If there is absolutely zero signs of power showing through 2 different PSU's I'd blame the board

(this is assuming you've done all the trivial troubleshooting of trying different outlets, cables, checking connections, etc.)

Ok, so this is the rundown. A while back I was working on a build and the comments said it might be the power supply that wasn't working. Now that I have a new one same result. Nothing powers on. I don't know if the motherboard is dead or the CPU got damaged idk. But the only time the motherboard did work was when I turned it on once and for a split second, the fans worked. Idk if that helps to help find the answer. Im about to go off to college soon and I really need this custom build fixed.

Below is the build I bought(including the new power supply I changed)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DannyV./saved/3wpMFT

That's not your build! That's Danny V.'s build! Your name is Garfieldthe Cat!

Have you taken the entire build apart, checked for damage (socket?) and put it all back together? With the minimal parts to get "a" post? Like no storage installed, 1 stick of memory? Try this 1 stick in each slot, then try the other stick in each slot?

If there is absolutely zero signs of power showing through 2 different PSU's I'd blame the board

(this is assuming you've done all the trivial troubleshooting of trying different outlets, cables, checking connections, etc.)

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

5 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

Ok, so this is the rundown. A while back I was working on a build and the comments said it might be the power supply that wasn't working. Now that I have a new one same result. Nothing powers on. I don't know if the motherboard is dead or the CPU got damaged idk. But the only time the motherboard did work was when I turned it on once and for a split second, the fans worked. Idk if that helps to help find the answer. Im about to go off to college soon and I really need this custom build fixed.

Below is the build I bought(including the new power supply I changed)

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/DannyV./saved/3wpMFT

Try to remove the CMOS battery for 5-7 minutes ( Put it back in ) and try again.

is the bios updated? and try testing each ram and are your front panel connectors seated and working properly, I suspect the issue may be that the power button is not working you can try shorting the power button pins on the motherboard to turn the pc on.

13 minutes ago, Budget DIY said:

That's not your build! That's Danny V.'s build! Your name is Garfieldthe Cat!

Have you taken the entire build apart, checked for damage (socket?) and put it all back together? With the minimal parts to get "a" post? Like no storage installed, 1 stick of memory? Try this 1 stick in each slot, then try the other stick in each slot?

Danny. V is me lmao. But I have taken the build apart nothing happened with the ram. Just nothing at all boots. there is no sign or red beep saying that the ram is the problem.

14 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Try to remove the CMOS battery for 5-7 minutes ( Put it back in ) and try again.

whats the CMOS battery?

7 minutes ago, goatedpenguin said:

is the bios updated? and try testing each ram

it's not updated, but I have tested the ram

You do have a separate graphics card right? the 12100F requires a dedicated GPU as it does not have integrated graphics. 

14 minutes ago, Garfieldthe cat said:

whats the CMOS battery?

it's a silver circle on the motherboard, you should be able to pull it out.

You also may need to flash on the bios, download it onto a USB stick and insert it into the pc, there should be a bios button 

1 hour ago, CreedTT said:

You do have a separate graphics card right? the 12100F requires a dedicated GPU as it does not have integrated graphics. 

it's a silver circle on the motherboard, you should be able to pull it out.

You also may need to flash on the bios, download it onto a USB stick and insert it into the pc, there should be a bios button 

oh okay thanks and i have a 3060 sorry didn't see that.