Update to Xbox OG Kit!

It's been a while since my first post but I wanted to share the news!

I've spent a lot of time learning a bit of c# over some months, and wanted to share this unique app that allows me the ability to use my favorite OG Xbox Original S controller on Windows!!! I was really happy to see there is still a small community out there dedicated to this sort of thing, and I want to make this a bit more mainstream if you will. I've spent a lot of time making sure this is easy to use, lightweight as possible for your average joe! (like my self lol) There are still video buffers I want to look in-depth towards the next release so I can reduce the flickering.

Please find the old thread below, where it informed me to make a new one instead of reviving the old one so, without further ado here we are!聽
I'll drop a link to my github page below with source code on how these forms are currently built.
it's a lot of spaghetti code but it makes you master the n00bs in H:CE, like the good ole'days! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA, also in efforts to potentially reduce and reuse e-waste! 馃檪聽 聽I am open to sharing this project to those who are interested! PM directly plz.thx.

XBOX OG KIT

4e723039-d977-4567-a277-7a713934770f

https://github.com/JustTrev/Xbox-S-Controller/releases/tag/XboxController

Thanks for the visit!聽

Happy gaming!

I see the lack of an option to skip/select the installation of dependencies as problematic.

ViGEmBus for example is used in many applications such as DS4Windows, DsHidMini and BthPS3, etc,

So it's possible that the version of聽ViGEmBus that is packaged in the聽XboxOGKit installer is not compatible with other programs installed on the system that depend on ViGEmBus ,

Especially when devs happen to abandon a project and just stop updating it.

Also earlier versions of聽ViGEmBus and libwdi support older operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 8.1,

So聽XboxOGKit may actually work on those operating systems.

Yeah i know, some devs don't care about backwards compatibility but at least having the option to install dependencies independently from XboxOGKit would be nice.

A PC Enthusiast聽since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE聽GTX 1660 GAMING OC聽@ Core聽2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566

27 minutes ago, Vishera said:

I see the lack of an option to skip/select the installation of dependencies as problematic.

ViGEmBus for example is used in many applications such as DS4Windows, DsHidMini and BthPS3, etc,

So it's possible that the version of聽ViGEmBus that is packaged in the聽XboxOGKit installer is not compatible with other programs installed on the system that depend on ViGEmBus ,

Especially when devs happen to abandon a project and just stop updating it.

Also earlier versions of聽ViGEmBus and libwdi support older operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows 8.1,

So聽XboxOGKit may actually work on those operating systems.

Yeah i know, some devs don't care about backwards compatibility but at least having the option to install dependencies independently from XboxOGKit would be nice.

Interesting, I have been working on it and using it just fine in on my Windows 11 PC and my Win10 AtlasOS machine in the living room. There is a way to "Cancel" in ViGEmBus's聽installer and close the dependencies script. From there, it should skip the step naturally in the kit.
I will add the option to self advance if the user chooses a more advance install approach. As you mention it, I will look into making that an option that allows which dependencies you want installed. lol聽 Sucks they abandon, but if there was a continuation somewhere with frequent updates, please let me know!聽

Good to know about win 7 and 8.1 actually, I was bit worried that the app wouldn't be compatible.聽 Let me know if you have success on those platforms!

I do want to spend more time expanding the installers capabilities during this time, like online call back to GitHub聽for automatic updates. A more optimized install process, etc.聽聽

Thanks for the feedback!聽馃槑