Gahh Dead GPU??? Decode Error 62

mhirt34
so i literally just built a new computer this week. And after 24 hours of leak testing everything was fine, no leaks through out the system anywhere. So I started my computer up and started updating drivers and such. Got all my programs installed played some games everything.

Now no less than one day after that, after a restart the system wouldn't reboot. So I calmly went to look for a decode error.. there was nothing. I decided to try and boot the system again. The PSU turned on for a split second then went off. Okay I thought so I started unplugging everything and then put my PSU jumper in that i used to fill my pump thinking maybe it was the psu. The psu clicked on instantly and all my fans and pump started up. So i thought Maybe its something with my graphics card or cpu?. First I upluged the GPU's power and left it in the PCI slot. Started the system. The system got no boot window but a decode error of 62 (Installation of the PCH Run time Service.)

Okay I thought so then I completely removed the graphics card from the system and it booted normally. I then thought maybe it was that slot that was bad. Tested it on all other slots. the same exact results. Do I maybe Have a dead GPU? Or is it possibly a faulty motherboard?

Computer specs:

CPU I7:3770k

GPU: EVGA GTX 680

MOBO: Gigabyte z77x UD5H

Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gb (4gb x2)

Storage: Samsung 840 120gb

WD Caviar blue 1tb 7200 RPM

Cooling: XSPC Raystorm water cooling kit

Have the possibility to try another card? Maybe a sound or WLAN card?

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @4.2GHz cooled by Corsair H100 | Mainboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z | GPU: XFX HD7970 DD 3GB | RAM: 16GB G.Skill RipjawsX | Case: ANTEC P280 windowed | PSU: beQuiet! 650W DarkPower Pro

Now @ University in Munich: Games Engineering!!!!

I'd also suggest the GPU is faulty. But it is also possible that the PSU is faulty. What sort of PSU are you using?

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD

I do not have an extra card to test at at all. Im using a Corsair AX 850 gold

Well I filled a return since I got it off ebay. Hopefully I get all my money back for it. Now I'm just scared. Since its a EVGA card maybe i can take advantage of their warranty since they cover selling it? 

I'm experiencing the exact same thing.. This is just a 7970 Matrix. just got it back from RMA (Asus found no errors).. My machine will boot.. Sometimes.. Sometimes it just gets the error 62 and a indicator light at the side of the MB.. It usually happens after the card has been under load(gaming). Its pretty strange because I was sending the card in because of artifacting( also very randomly and a few instances of the error 62 thingy) My 680 on the other hand works like a charm. So now i'm a little bit pissed at Asus.

But you shouldn't care to much just tell the folks at EVGA whats wrong and you will have a new card in no time. For me it's gonna take a whole lot longer.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I do not have an extra card to test at at all. Im using a Corsair AX 850 gold

I use a AX 750.. Maybe there's a pattern?

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

I use a AX 750.. Maybe there's a pattern?

Maybe but i don't think so. after doing some research there is a high chance it could be the motherboard. So since I got that from amazon I just filed a replacement for it and that should be here on Tuesday. Hopefully that will fix it and I don't have to get this GPU fixed.

check and see if you can update your mother board  bios

i have herd of some other boards needing a bios update for gtx 680 and over