Corsair K100 spacebar issue

frozensun

Hi guys.

Got it used but I am having an issue with spacebar key.

Every third fourth pressure on the key is registered,sometimes not even 5 clicks.

Is there something I could do from home?

There was some dust under key which I cleaned but still same issue.

Nothing seems broken.

20230622_200401.jpg

20230622_200304.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

You could replace the switch. You will probably need to desolder the current one and solder the new one. 

27 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Is there something I could do from home?

My guess would just be a failing switch. You could take the board apart so you access the back of the board with a meter and test the switch. 

Most Corsair boards use soldered switches. So replacing will involve soldering. Pretty straightforward fix though. 

Naaaah... I watched the video.

Dissasenbly of this keyboard is so complicated (not for me).

So that is the only option?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

16 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Naaaah... I watched the video.

Dissasenbly of this keyboard is so complicated (not for me).

I mean I guess you could try and spray contact cleaner into the switch and see if it helps. However, a can of contact cleaner would cost a lot more than a replacement switch.   Not to mention cleaner may do nothing. The switch may just be worn out.

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

I'm afraid so. 

Hmm now I see that key press is registered when I press spacebar  at either left or right side of the spacebar.

What could that mean?

A guy from other  forum toldme to try to oil under the  switch with  mechanical oil (1-2 drops every day) and then usethe spacebar key as much as I can.

Dunno if  that is smart to try or not?