Suggested cooler for Ryzen 5 7600

Toon

Hello, I was wondering what the suggested cooler for the Ryzen 5 7600 would be. I'm currently running its default stock cooler (Wraith Stealth), but it idles at around 55C-60C and jumps immediately to 90-95C (I am basing this off Ryzen Master) while playing games such as Valorant (On the lowest settings) and really heats up my room. The GPU is running at about 35c-40c, even while under load in games and overclocked for comparison.

The temperature in my room isn't hot by any means at all either when my PC is off. It's actually pretty cool (Low-Mid 70F/20C).

15 minutes ago, Toon said:

...and really heats up my room.

The temperature in my room isn't hot by any means at all either when my PC is off. It's actually pretty cool (Low-Mid 70F/20C).

Okay, before I start on advice about coolers, a better cooler will only make you CPU cooler. Your room will actually get hotter with a better cooler, cause you'll be moving more heat from your CPU to the air in your room.

15 minutes ago, Toon said:

I'm currently running its default stock cooler (Wraith Stealth), but it idles at around 55C-60C and jumps immediately to 90-95C (I am basing this off Ryzen Master) while playing games such as Valorant.

Advice on coolers: I would try reinstalling and repasteing your current CPU cooler before replacing it. The AMD stock cooler is very capable of handelling AMDs 65W chips like the 7600 and because of this your temps suggest installation error to me. See this video:

I might be experienced, but I'm human and I do make mistakes. Expand for common PC building advice, a short bio and a list of my components and other tech. I edit my messages after sending them alot, please refresh before posting your reply. Please try to be clear and specific, you'll get a better answer. Please remember to mark solutions once you have the information you need.

Common build advice: 1) Buy the cheapest (well reviewed) motherboard that has the features you need. Paying more typically only gets you features you won’t use. 2) only get as much RAM as you need, getting more won’t (typically) make your PC faster. 3) While I recommend getting an NVMe drive, you don’t need to splurge for an expensive drive with DRam cache, DRamless drives are fine for gamers. 4) paying for looks is fine, just don’t break the bank. 5) Tower coolers are usually good enough, unless you go top tier Intel or plan on OCing. 6) OCing is a dead meme, you probably shouldn’t bother. 7) "Bottlenecks" rarely matter and "Future-proofing" is a myth. 8) AIOs don't noticably improve performance past 240mm.

useful websiteshttps://www.productchart.com - helps compare monitors, https://uk.pcpartpicker.com - makes designing a PC easier.

He/Him

I'm a PhD student working in the fields of reinforcement learning and traffic control. PCs are one of my hobbies and I've built many PCs and performed upgrades on a few laptops (for myself, friends and family). My personal computers include 3 windows (10/11) machines and a TrueNAS server (and I'm looking to move to dual booting Linux Mint on my main machine in future). While I believe I have an decent amount of experience in spec’ing, building and troubleshooting computers, keep in mind I'm not an expert or a professional and I make mistakes.

Favourite Games of all time: World of Tanks, Runescape, Subnautica, Metroid (Fusion and Dread), Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Original and Reignited Trilogy), Crash Bash, Mario Kart Wii

Main PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/NByp3C

Secondary PC: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/cc9K7P

TrueNAS Server: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/will0hlep/saved/m37w3C

Laptop: 13.4" ASUS GZ301ZE ROG Flow Z13, WUXGA 120Hz, i9 12900H, 16GB DDR5, 1TB NVMe SSD, 4GB RTX 3050 Ti, TB4, Win11 Home, Used with: 2*ThinkPad Universal Thunderbolt 4 Dock, Logitech G603, Logitech G502 Hero, Logitech K120, Logitech G915 TKL, Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2, Logitech G PRO X Gaming-Headset (with Blue Icepop in Black), {specs to be updated: two monitors}

Other: LTT Screwdriver, LTT Stubby Screwdriver, IFIXIT Pro Tech Toolkit, Playstation 1 SCPH-102, Playstation 2 SCPH-30003, Gameboy Micro Silver OXY-001, Nintendo Wii U WUP-001(03), Playstation 4 CUH-1116A, Nintendo Switch OLED HEG-001, Yamaha RX-A4A Black AV Receiver, Monitor Audio Radius (4*90s, 1*200s, 2*270s, 1*380s), TP-Link TL-SG105-M2, Netgear GS308, IPhone 14 Pro Max 128GB Space Black, Secretlab TITAN Evo (Black SoftWeave Plus Fabric), 2*CyberPower BR1200ELCD-UK BRICs Series, Samsung 40" ES6800 Series 6 SMART 3D FHD LED TV, UGREEN USB 3.2 Gen 2 10Gbps M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, SABRENT 3.5" SATA drive docking station

4 minutes ago, Toon said:

Hello, I was wondering what the suggested cooler for the Ryzen 5 7600 would be. I'm currently running its default stock cooler (Wraith Stealth), but it idles at around 55C-60C and jumps immediately to 90-95C (I am basing this off Ryzen Master) while playing games such as Valorant (On the lowest settings) and really heats up my room. The GPU is running at about 35c-40c, even while under load in games and overclocked for comparison.

Depends on your budget

If its ultra low then the arctic 7 X CO is your best bet ARCTIC Freezer 7 X CO CPU Cooler (ACFRE00085A) - PCPartPicker

or this ak400 Deepcool AK400 ZERO DARK 66.47 CFM CPU Cooler (R-AK400-BKNNMN-G-2) - PCPartPicker

But there's also the Arctic Esports Duo for a bit more ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler (ACFRE00061A) - PCPartPicker

or this thermalright PA120SE Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler (PA120 SE-D3) - PCPartPicker

As well as this Ak620 Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler (R-AK620-BKNNMT-G) - PCPartPicker

but if you wanna splurge for an aio get this one ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (ACFRE00066A) - PCPartPicker

or this one Deepcool LT520 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (R-LT520-BKAMNF-G-1) - PCPartPicker

And this one for the amazing cooling and good looks Deepcool LT720 85.85 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (R-LT720-BKAMNF-G-1) - PCPartPicker

but this is quite literally the king ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 420 72.8 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler (ACFRE00092A) - PCPartPicker

Message me on discord (bread8669) for more help 

Current parts list

CPU: R5 5600 CPU Cooler: Stock

Mobo: Asrock B550M-ITX/ac

RAM: Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200mhz Cl16

SSD: P5 Plus 500GB Secondary SSD: Kingston A400 960GB

GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Gaming X

Fans: 1x Noctua NF-P12 Redux, 1x Arctic P12, 1x Corsair LL120

PSU: NZXT SP-650M SFX-L PSU from H1

Monitor: Samsung WQHD 34 inch and 43 inch TV

Mouse: Logitech G203

Keyboard: Rii membrane keyboard

Damn this space can fit a 4090 (just kidding)

Thank you all for the replies! I'll definitely check out the suggested coolers as well as that video. 

54 minutes ago, Toon said:

Higher temperatures on a component don't heat up your room, its the heat transfer out that's doing so in the quantity of BTUs/Joules/enthalpy/etc, all quantities of energy. The heat source temperature risers to compensate for deficiencies in the other variables like the heatsink's heat capacity, heat transfer coefficient, mass flow rate, and other constants that factor in like running a solid aluminum heatsink (like the wraith prism) versus something with heatpipes and copper (which have higher heat transfer coefficients than aluminum).

Simple answer is that the stock cooler is fine on the R5 7600. I've handled two different R5 7600 systems personally and tested both the stock cooler and the Thermalright single tower cooler. Now technically a processor may draw more power and therefore produce more heat while its hotter since it'll require higher voltages to reach the same speeds, but we're talking insignificantly less when discussing overall heat output of a gaming system.

The reasons to actually upgrade the cooler would be for a quieter system and/or if you'd like to overclock the system, which would increase its heat output.

An example of a way to reduce your computer's heat output is to simply lower its power consumption. My system for example can draw in excess of 700W as normally configured, but I can lower that to 500W by simply dialing down my 4090's overclock to 90% TDP. -200W of energy into my room over a couple of hours is a substantial reduction especially in the summer.

Computer are practically space heaters where most of the energy put into them is converted to heat, since the rest is only stored as reactive loads and/or converted to mechanical energy through fans.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017